Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2019, 04:11 PM   #41

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Exterior.../PF266701.html

That is the shower kit that I got. I did swap out the key lock for a regular non-keyed twist lock. Other than that, I like the kit.

We have a trip coming up in about two more weeks so it will have a good test.
rigger4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger4343 View Post
The outside shower is something that I wanted since the day we brought it home. After camping a few times, I decided that the most useful location for us is where I installed it. It is in the side with the awning but just behind it. I thought about putting it in a couple of other locations but this was my top pick and I was able to get it to work....

Thanks for the response rigger. That helps a lot. I do have the same model trailer, just the Baja edition. The awning side of the trailer in front of the tub is exactly where I was hoping it would fit. You are a huge help. Thanks!

If it's not too much trouble could you give me a measurement from the back of the trailer to back edge of the box and from the bottom of the trailer to the bottom edge of the box.
Mr. McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McNasty View Post
Thanks for the response rigger. That helps a lot. I do have the same model trailer, just the Baja edition. The awning side of the trailer in front of the tub is exactly where I was hoping it would fit. You are a huge help. Thanks!

If it's not too much trouble could you give me a measurement from the back of the trailer to back edge of the box and from the bottom of the trailer to the bottom edge of the box.
I can pull some measurements on it tomorrow for you. If the attachments on here open for you, they are the wall diagrams for my camper. I would assume they are the same but maybe there are some slight differences since Jayco asked for the serial numbers before sending them.

How do you like your Baja edition? I was thinking about that one myself but decided not to order one. I have thought about flipping the axle and throwing larger tires on it for a little more clearance. There have been a few times now where I have almost drug my tank drains on the ground so maybe it would have been a good idea.

If you get a chance, could you pull a few measurements on yours? I would be curious to know what tire size you have too. Maybe measure from the center of the axle straight up to the under side of the fender well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ODS WALL.PDF (202.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: pdf DS WALL (1).PDF (203.5 KB, 103 views)
Old 04-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #44

Quote:
I can pull some measurements on it tomorrow for you. If the attachments on here open for you, they are the wall diagrams for my camper. I would assume they are the same but maybe there are some slight differences since Jayco asked for the serial numbers before sending them.

How do you like your Baja edition? I was thinking about that one myself but decided not to order one. I have thought about flipping the axle and throwing larger tires on it for a little more clearance. There have been a few times now where I have almost drug my tank drains on the ground so maybe it would have been a good idea.

If you get a chance, could you pull a few measurements on yours? I would be curious to know what tire size you have too. Maybe measure from the center of the axle straight up to the under side of the fender well.
The attachments open, thank you, that's awesome. I really like the Baja edition. We do a lot of off- road, back country camping and I've pulled it into some places that were questionable at best. The larger propane tank and stabilizer jacks on all four corners are nice too.

I'd be happy to get you those measurements. The least I could do, I'll get then for you tomorrow as well.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #45

Quote:
The attachments open, thank you, that's awesome. I really like the Baja edition. We do a lot of off- road, back country camping and I've pulled it into some places that were questionable at best. The larger propane tank and stabilizer jacks on all four corners are nice too.

I'd be happy to get you those measurements. The least I could do, I'll get then for you tomorrow as well.
That would be great. Maybe a few measurements off the ground to the bottom edge of the trailer would be great too.
Do you have a roof mounted AC unit? If you do, any issues with height?
Thanks!
Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #46

Quote:
That would be great. Maybe a few measurements off the ground to the bottom edge of the trailer would be great too.
Thanks!
The AC on the Baja is mounted over the queen bed on the driver's side, so no height issues with the AC. I did almost rip off the TV antenna with a pine tree branch the first trip out!

I'll get those measurements too, for sure.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #47

Quote:
Thanks!
From center of hub to fender is 22".
From bottom of trailer to ground is 26".
The tires are LT215/75R15 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S.
I attached some pictures too. Let me know if you want any other measurements.
Attached Thumbnails
MVIMG_20190405_114040.jpg   IMG_20190405_114008.jpg   IMG_20190405_113957.jpg  
Old 04-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #48

Quote:
The AC on the Baja is mounted over the queen bed on the driver's side, so no height issues with the AC. I did almost rip off the TV antenna with a pine tree branch the first trip out!

I'll get those measurements too, for sure.
I should clarify, it's mounted on the wall above the bed.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #49

Quote:
I should clarify, it's mounted on the wall above the bed.
Here are some pictures for you. I drew on one to kind of show what is there. The red are studs that are existing. The yellow is what I added in there for solid support around the shower kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Inkedthumbnail (12)_LI.jpg   thumbnail (24).jpg   thumbnail (23).jpg   thumbnail (21).jpg   thumbnail (20).jpg  

Old 04-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #50

Quote:
From center of hub to fender is 22".
From bottom of trailer to ground is 26".
The tires are LT215/75R15 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S.
I attached some pictures too. Let me know if you want any other measurements.
I will have to get mine on some level ground and compare. But from what I can tell, looks like that would sit my trailer about 8" higher. Maybe that is getting a little too high for a roof mount. But maybe not....

Do you happen to have any pictures of the whole trailer? Just to see what it looks like?

Let me know if you want any other pics of the shower stuff.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #51

Quote:
I will have to get mine on some level ground and compare. But from what I can tell, looks like that would sit my trailer about 8" higher. Maybe that is getting a little too high for a roof mount. But maybe not....

Do you happen to have any pictures of the whole trailer? Just to see what it looks like?

Let me know if you want any other pics of the shower stuff.
I'll be away from the trailer for the weekend, but I'll get you those pictures as soon as I'm back. Thanks again for all the help with the shower. Installing it should be a breeze now.

How's the water pressure coming out of the shower head?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #52

Quote:
I'll be away from the trailer for the weekend, but I'll get you those pictures as soon as I'm back. Thanks again for all the help with the shower. Installing it should be a breeze now.

How's the water pressure coming out of the shower head?
Water pressure seems fine to me. I would say it is the same as the inside shower. Don't see any reason why you could not rinse off yourself or wash out a pot.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #53

I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be pulling the trailer out next weekend to camp and I'll get those pictures up. Hopefully with an outside shower!
Old 04-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #54

This thread is fantastic rigger!!! Just picked up a 174BH, cant wait to use it!
2005 Sienna Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #55

Quote:
I haven't forgotten about you. I'll be pulling the trailer out next weekend to camp and I'll get those pictures up. Hopefully with an outside shower!
That would be cool but no rush on pictures. Just whenever you get around to it.

Let me know if you have any more questions on the shower install. It really is pretty simple once you cut that hole.

We are heading out this weekend for a quick trip so I know my outdoor shower will get a good test. I will let you know how it does in a real camping situation.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #56

Took the family out this past weekend. Outdoor shower did not get used much due to the weather conditions but when I did use it, it was really nice to have.

This was one of the first slightly warmer weekends that we have used it and I have discovered that the water heater makes the bottom bunk a bit on the warm side. Should be a simple fix. Just going to grab some insulation board and insulate that area under the bunk where the water heater is.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #57

For reference, the Land Cruiser is on 35's with a 3" lift. Let me know if you want more. Have a good weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190426_150737.jpg   IMG_20190426_150749.jpg   IMG_20190426_150809.jpg  
Old 04-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #58

As a fellow Tacoma owner how does the Tacoma do pulling the trailer? I pull a Feather 7 18RBM with a 2012 Tacoma.

I added some Timbrens a larger transmission cooler and a Scanguage to monitor water and trans. temps.

Here is a link that you might find useful: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ng-bible.4031/
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #59

Quote:

Saw your comment about flipping the axle. We flipped ours on our 145RB and it raised the trailer 4". Well worth the peace of mind when going in and out of campsites and over entrance/exits. The cost was $225 Cdn for the kit and dealer labour.
Tiguan Tow r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #60

Quote:
For reference, the Land Cruiser is on 35's with a 3" lift. Let me know if you want more. Have a good weekend!
Thanks for the pictures. Those are good side view pics too. I did do some measuring on mine and I am not so sure if it would be a good idea to do or not being that mine has the roof mounted AC on it. I guess what I need to do is get a real overall height measurement and pay really close attention to the height of everything else out there before doing any kind of a lift. (Would hate to smash the AC)

Another thing I thought about doing was basically just do a shackle lift. It is nothing to make and bolt on longer shackles. Then I could also customize the height. Say I could pick it up only 3" and not 6" It looks like by the time you flip the axle and go to larger tires, it sits around 5"-6" taller.