Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #121

Great thread. I'm going this weekend to a local dealer and have this one in mind.
pbratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbratz View Post
Great thread. I'm going this weekend to a local dealer and have this one in mind.
It has worked out well for us. We still really enjoy it.
rigger4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #123

I’m not sure if this is prohibited but I went to the local Jayco dealer today. Do you guys think a new from the factory 2020 174bh with the 13500 roof mounted AC for 13k before taxes is a fair deal?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:39 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbratz View Post
I’m not sure if this is prohibited but I went to the local Jayco dealer today. Do you guys think a new from the factory 2020 174bh with the 13500 roof mounted AC for 13k before taxes is a fair deal?
Sounds pretty decent to me. Our's is a 2019 and if I remember correctly it was under 14K out the door. I want to say it was around 13,700 (plus or minus a few dollars) after taxes and all that stuff. We bought from a smaller dealer near me that I like and they were just straight up on the price. Went to the BIG dealer in town too and of course they just kept adding and adding.....

Let me know if you have any questions about the camper. Be happy to answer any that I can.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #125

I noticed that there are not front stabilizers? Are there any recommended that bolt on? I don't want to drill into the frame if I can avoid it.

You can amassed some great hack from the trailer. I look forward to digging in a bit.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #126

Front stabilizers are not on the smaller trailers. We made some for less than five bucks out of 2x4s notched at one end to fit against the frame and at the other end mitered to sit flat on the ground. They are splayed out. Eye bolt on each one on the inside and a ratchet strap to tension the legs so they don't fall out.
Nothing is bolted to the frame. Somewhere on the forum someone did post a pic of that mod.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:02 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Front stabilizers are not on the smaller trailers. We made some for less than five bucks out of 2x4s notched at one end to fit against the frame and at the other end mitered to sit flat on the ground. They are splayed out. Eye bolt on each one on the inside and a ratchet strap to tension the legs so they don't fall out.
Nothing is bolted to the frame. Somewhere on the forum someone did post a pic of that mod.
The 174 may have pre-drilled holes for front stabilizers. The Baja versions come with them.
Mr. McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #128

I installed a set of 4 on mine. If you look back in this thread, you will see the ones I used. I did drill holes for them. There are two pads near the front of the trailer that are perfect for them.
In the rear I bolted one side and the other with a big U bolt.
Worked out perfectly. And it did make the trailer much more stable. Especially at night when everyone is sleeping. If one person. moved, you could feel the trailer move.
I got mine off of Ebay. If I remember correctly, all four for less than $80 shipped.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger4343 View Post
Well a couple of weeks ago I broke down to the idea of installing a little TV in the trailer. In the past I have always thought I would never have a TV in the trailer and when we camp, camping is what we do! Not watch TV. I figured it was time to put one in and make it something that would be used only if we were stuck inside due to bad weather or something of that nature.

I decided on getting a little 22'' flat screen and wall mount from Harbor Freight. Mounted the wall mount to a stud, power and TV hook up were already there so the hardest part about this project was just taking the TV out of the box!

It is not a smart TV so I ordered the correct cable for my cell and now I can use an HDMI port on the TV to watch anything off of my cell. I have unlimited data so as long as I have a decent signal, it works to watch something off of Netflix.

The TV speakers are typical for a little TV and are not bad but not that great either. I can blue tooth my cell to the stereo in the camper so if we are watching a movie on the TV, we can listen to the sound through the stereo.

Overall it all worked well, was an easy project and did not cost much at all. TV was $80. Wall mount was $20. The cord was about $13.
Rigger- what brand of tv flat screen did you go with?

Love the mods that you have made to your outfit! I have started a list of what mods I want to do. The hard part will be what mod I want to do first.
EarlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlD View Post
Rigger- what brand of tv flat screen did you go with?

Love the mods that you have made to your outfit! I have started a list of what mods I want to do. The hard part will be what mod I want to do first.
It is just a little Insignia I got at Bestbuy. It is simple, light and plenty of TV for our little camper. I did not want anything expensive because it will really never be used much. It does have a fantastic picture though.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #131

Thanks Rigger! I wasn't planning on having a tv in the rv but SWMBO said she wanted one. So the "Happy wife, happy life" rule prevails here!
Old 03-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #132

Does this tv run on 110 v or 12 v power?
Old 03-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #133

Quote:
Does this tv run on 110 v or 12 v power?
Regular TV. Runs on 110v AC

Mine happens to have a plug right under the TV so it was easy.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #134

[emoji106]
Old 03-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #135

Quote:
I got the box from Tractor Supply but I can't find it on their site now. I am pretty sure this is it...
Plano #161900 Storage Trunk
It is about 13" tall
About 24" long
About 14" wide.

I looked all over the place for boxes that were about the right size. They were to big or to small or to tall or just something that would not fit like I wanted it to. I was in Tractor supply and saw this one. I think it was about $15. It is the perfect size. Holds two 10' sewer hoses. My clean up water hose and other stuff too. I drilled holes in the bottom so I can easily wash it out.
I just picked up some big U Bolts to mount it. (Got those at Tractor Supply too). I had some 1/2" square tubing that I mounted the box to. It worked out really well for storing the stuff I did not want in the camper or in my truck.
The location is also perfect. It is right next to my dump valves.
Rigger, did you reinforce the bottom of your tote where you attached it to the 1/2" tubing?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #136

Quote:
Rigger, did you reinforce the bottom of your tote where you attached it to the 1/2" tubing?
No. I just bolted the box right to it. Nothing heavy in the box and mine has been just fine so far. Its been nice not having that stuff in the camper or in my truck!

I did drill holes in the bottom of mine for drainage.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #137

Quote:
No. I just bolted the box right to it. Nothing heavy in the box and mine has been just fine so far. Its been nice not having that stuff in the camper or in my truck!

I did drill holes in the bottom of mine for drainage.
Thanks again Rigger! My son gave me a RhinoFlex sewer hose as a trailer warming gift. The fittings on the hose doesn't allow for storing the sewer hose in the rear bumper and I don't like the idea of stowing it in the front storage compartment.

I'm going to do as you did and install a box on the bumper.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #138

Quote:
Thanks again Rigger! My son gave me a RhinoFlex sewer hose as a trailer warming gift. The fittings on the hose doesn't allow for storing the sewer hose in the rear bumper and I don't like the idea of stowing it in the front storage compartment.

I don't like shoving it in the bumper either. At least for me, the box works out well and its so easy to grab stuff and put it up too.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #139

Quote:

FWIW, I have a Rhino hose and it fits fine in my bumper. You have to swivel the fittings just right so that the points fit into the bumper corners. That’s assuming you have the same size bumper.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:02 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
FWIW, I have a Rhino hose and it fits fine in my bumper. You have to swivel the fittings just right so that the points fit into the bumper corners. That’s assuming you have the same size bumper.
Thanks LuckyDuck, when I get home from the JOB I'll give it another go!