Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2020, 11:22 PM   #1

Jayfeather 23 BHM

Heres a quick list of small things and a big thing I've done so far. I've got some more I'd like to do but I wanted tell ya about these cause I'm a little proud I didnt burn down my trailer yet.

1.So I made a strap to lift the bottom bunk up more easily to get at that big storage area under the bunks.

2. Put a strap at the bottom of the murphy bed so I could make my bed in the morning and it is ready to go at night. It holds the sheets and blankets even while we travel.

3. Rewired my whole dc system with a 60 amp converter charger for lithium. 2 x 100 amp hr lithium batteries, victron batt monitor. Moved the batteries inside the pass through and built an insulated box for them with 2 x 40mm fans on seperate switches to push either conditioned or heated air if the batteries get too hot or cold. So now I can go dry camping for a week without need to plug in or turn on the generator.

4. Put a switch on the radio so I can turn it completely off when not in use. It drove me nuts it was always on.

5. Hushed the water pump with foam and felt. It's so quiet now and no jack hammering when the water is on.

Yet To Do:
1. Removable shower curtain and support structure for outdoor shower. I know most dont use it but i will!

2. Tounge storage solution.

3. Hush house for the gen, shes a quiet one already but I hate making extra noise. Trying to be considerate.

4. Next year solar. Maybe inverter.

5. Heavy duty drawer slide for pass through storage so I can pull out the heavier stuff more easily.

6. Max air fan and vent in center of roof to add light and air movement.

7. If i get tired of setting up my wood stabilizers, put on metal, permanently attached ones.

Thanks all!
IamSpartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:33 AM   #2
Site Team

You've been a very busy fellow! That's how we make them our own.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:22 AM   #3

I totally agree. Plus, I feel like the original specs on the camper were purely for one weekend every 2 months with full hookups.

For the life of me I do not know why dealerships dont try to upsell you on packages - like a battery upgrade/wiring package, a solar package, convenience package- much the same way a car dealership would. This business is weird to me.

Covid19 destroyed my travel plans so I have to stay within commuting distance of my job. Huge bummer.