Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

LED ceiling tap light dimmer/remote control

I got tired of how bright the LED ceiling lights are in my TT and decided to find a way to install a dimmer.
Here's what I used and they work great. It installs directly to the wiring for an individual light. I don't think it's possible to have or find a controller for ALL the LED ceiling lights in a Jay Flight SLX as it's a complicated/weird setup for newer models.
It's a remote dimmer and has great control over how much it's dimmed. We hated how bright just a SINGLE LED tap light was in the TT and there were 11 of them in our 174bh. I just put a couple of these controllers on a couple lights and it's much better for adjusting the light at night or for reading in bed!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
led controller.jpg  
esunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #2

Interesting, same remote for all lights?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #3

I believe yes - same remote for all lights. But right now I only have 1 controller/dimmer installed on the light that is on the underside of our over bed cabinet for reading at night.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by esunday View Post
I got tired of how bright the LED ceiling lights are in my TT and decided to find a way to install a dimmer.
Here's what I used and they work great. It installs directly to the wiring for an individual light. I don't think it's possible to have or find a controller for ALL the LED ceiling lights in a Jay Flight SLX as it's a complicated/weird setup for newer models.
It's a remote dimmer and has great control over how much it's dimmed. We hated how bright just a SINGLE LED tap light was in the TT and there were 11 of them in our 174bh. I just put a couple of these controllers on a couple lights and it's much better for adjusting the light at night or for reading in bed!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Do you have a switch that controls your lights? i.e, One switch for several ceiling lights? Can you install the dimmer between the switch and the lights?
BuckeyeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeHB View Post
Do you have a switch that controls your lights? i.e, One switch for several ceiling lights? Can you install the dimmer between the switch and the lights?
I have a new Hummingbird that has great ceiling lighting. I would like to install a dimmer for those lights as well.
Anyone else install a dimmer switch for interior led lighting?
I found this dimmer switch online:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072349JZN...a-414600627721
BuckeyeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeHB View Post
I have a new Hummingbird that has great ceiling lighting. I would like to install a dimmer for those lights as well.
Anyone else install a dimmer switch for interior led lighting?
I found this dimmer switch online:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072349JZN...a-414600627721
Hello. I saw this note from last year and was wondering....
Is it hard to install?
Did it work well for you?

Thanks!
Jose&Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #7

Easy to install. it's just a basic 2 wire hookup/splice to the original wiring just before the LED puck light. You may see how much extra wiring you have to work with as sometimes manufacturers give little extra wiring to pull it out of the ceiling or where it's mounted.
It does only work on the light that it is directly connected to. It doesn't control all the lights. I think the same remote will work on multiple dimmers if you use more than one.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #8

I have several LED dimmers in my Precept that dim multiple lights. In order to install a dimmer for a bank of lights you need to be able to hook the negative wire to the dimmer and that negative wire must be dedicated to just lights that are to be dimmed.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:06 AM   #9

Question, hopefully not bringing this off topic... but if you want to use a dimmer switch for trailer LEDs, do you need to replace the lights with "dimmable leds?"

Also... has anybody replace the stock lights with "soft white" bulbs instead of the bright, almost blue bulbs?
Trippy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote