Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bremerton
Posts: 305
LED light replacement

All,
I found these for replacement bulbs over table and sofa. same color as incandecent and just a bit brighter. $8/bulb isn't too bad (for now)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._prd_ttl_sol_0

Tim
2008 Jayflight II 26 BHS.
__________________

tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,060
Before you pull the trigger check E-bay. A number of people here including myself got LED replacements on E-bay very cheap. I paid $21 for 15 flat panel bulbs with 48 LEDs. That's $1.40 a bulb. At that price they are basically disposable. So far they nearly a year old and are working great.
__________________

__________________
Chuck
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed 2 of these over the sink. Of all the LEDs I've purchased so far, these have been the best for Halogen replacements. Warm white color, and just as bright as the Halogens, and they fit in the fixture. I've had some others that were okay, but some of them began to flicker after being on for a while (too hot for the cheap electronics I guess).

I'll try the panels for some of the other spots later this summer...
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,011
I replaced the 20W halogen bulbs with these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331026153985...84.m1497.l2649
We've not had any flicker yet and the color/brightness look real close to me. I note that yours are 40W replacements but the lumen output seems pretty close to the same.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I replaced the 20W halogen bulbs with these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331026153985...84.m1497.l2649
We've not had any flicker yet and the color/brightness look real close to me. I note that yours are 40W replacements but the lumen output seems pretty close to the same.
The diodes on yours are bigger, so you don't need as many to output a higher level of light. The net result may be very similar. I'm constantly astounded at the number of LED options out there; It's VERY overwhelming, and you'd better know what you're looking for or you end up with a bag full of LED's stuck in a drawer (like me)!
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,011
Yeah I agree on the number of options. I've been pretty lucky picking my replacement LED's. I try to match color and lumen to the bulb I'm replacing. I did get lucky the first time when I replaced all the 921's in the X23B as I didn't do enough research (as I now know). Replacing the bulbs in the 351 was a bit more involved as there were 3 different bulb styles I wanted to replace. 16 x 20W halogen, 11 x 10W halogen and 5 x 921's. Matching the halogen bulbs gave the most trouble as the pin spacing was hard to match. Thanks to a posting I discovered, they're easy to bend (DOH!). The only unused ones I have are a handful of replacements that I bought as insurance.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bremerton
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Yeah I agree on the number of options. I've been pretty lucky picking my replacement LED's. I try to match color and lumen to the bulb I'm replacing. I did get lucky the first time when I replaced all the 921's in the X23B as I didn't do enough research (as I now know). Replacing the bulbs in the 351 was a bit more involved as there were 3 different bulb styles I wanted to replace. 16 x 20W halogen, 11 x 10W halogen and 5 x 921's. Matching the halogen bulbs gave the most trouble as the pin spacing was hard to match. Thanks to a posting I discovered, they're easy to bend (DOH!). The only unused ones I have are a handful of replacements that I bought as insurance.
the ones I quoted in my first message were to replace my 1141 bulbs in the surface lights over the table and couch. I replaced the three main cabin lights with complete units that my local shop sells for $21/each.
I am waiting on an order of ten 921 bulbs in warm white.

I will keep you all posted
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,011
I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to bulb descriptions (what's "warm-white" to the seller I might call "cool banana"). If the seller doesn't post the lumen and color temperature I will give 'em a miss. I look for about a 300K (Kelvin) color temp and surf the web to find the expected light output (lumen) for an incandescent bulb that I want to replace. I'll then look over my choices to see what matches well. So far I've been very happy with the LED replacements I've bought via ebay.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bremerton
Posts: 305
some products don't mention color temp in K, but just "cool white" or "warm white".
warm white is 3000-3500K, where as cool white is closer to 5000K.

and a 921 bulb is about 180Lumen.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to bulb descriptions (what's "warm-white" to the seller I might call "cool banana"). If the seller doesn't post the lumen and color temperature I will give 'em a miss. I look for about a 300K (Kelvin) color temp and surf the web to find the expected light output (lumen) for an incandescent bulb that I want to replace. I'll then look over my choices to see what matches well. So far I've been very happy with the LED replacements I've bought via ebay.
+1; If there's no numerical temp rating, and only a description such as "warm white" or just "white". I won't buy them. I bought some that were described as "warm white" (no temp rating) which is generally less than about 3000K, but they were more like 4000K or so, which is a little blue for what I wanted.
__________________

__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.