Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Bookemdanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,990
Lets talk shower heads...

So my father-in-law dropped the Oxygenic 26781 (the regular white one) in the shower last night in Vicksburg and broke it...thank goodness he was last to shower...and will now always be such!

We were quite happy with it, but wanted to know if anyone has found anything better? I saw the Oxygenic Fury, but the reviews aren't as extensive as the original one that we had. I'm leaning towards replacing with the same unit, but just wanted to check with ya'll to get some input. I did see that an Aquadance product had high reviews as well.

Just wanting to make an informed decision...Thank you in advance!
__________________

__________________
Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377RLBH (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: BATTLE GROUND
Posts: 13
Hey Dan,
Sorry I can't help with an answer as I'm looking to replace the OEM Jayco shower head. My issue is that when you take it out of pause mode the 1st selection is jet powered massage instead of normal spray. Does the Oxygenic 26781 operate better than this? Almost bought it last trip to Camping World.
~David
__________________

__________________
~David
2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Powerstroke Crew Cab 4x4
2020 Jay Flight 24RBS - Current
2004 Jayco Eagle 298BHS - Gone
2000 Jayco Kiwi 23b - Gone
Bike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bookemdanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike_pilot View Post
Hey Dan,
Sorry I can't help with an answer as I'm looking to replace the OEM Jayco shower head. My issue is that when you take it out of pause mode the 1st selection is jet powered massage instead of normal spray. Does the Oxygenic 26781 operate better than this? Almost bought it last trip to Camping World.
~David
It only has 1 spray setting, which my family found completely acceptable. You can push the pause button and the water will dribble a little and then unpause with full spray again. Don't get me wrong...I like the shower head...just wanting to see if there's something better that I'm missing out on.
__________________
Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377RLBH (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Delmar
Posts: 289
We never liked the Oxygenics.

We bought this one:

YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head with Powerful Shower Spray against Low Pressure Water Supply Pipeline, Multi-functions, w/Luxurious Hose, B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078MMCV3G..._WJkF5k64aBwVy

If I remember correct I used the switch of our old one to shut off.

Pressure and spray pattern is more like our home showers.
__________________
Silverado 3500HD Duramax 2019
357MDOK 2019 (2 trips)
Rockwood 23IKSS 2017 (traded-in)
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Bookemdanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
We never liked the Oxygenics.

We bought this one:

YOO.MEE High Pressure Handheld Shower Head with Powerful Shower Spray against Low Pressure Water Supply Pipeline, Multi-functions, w/Luxurious Hose, B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078MMCV3G..._WJkF5k64aBwVy

If I remember correct I used the switch of our old one to shut off.

Pressure and spray pattern is more like our home showers.
I'm totally digging the price compared to the Oxygenics!
__________________
Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377RLBH (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Coos Bay
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
We never liked the Oxygenics.

Dont hear that much, most people love them....BUT we hated ours too! We just use the Camco one, we have had it in the last 2 RVS and they work great. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43714-S...a-459104237234
__________________
Brian & Jeannie
2018.5 Seneca 37RB with tons of mods
2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 5,816
[QUOTE=Rustynuts;881331]Dont hear that much, most people love them....BUT we hated ours too! We just use the Camco one, we have had it in the last 2 RVS and they work great. [url]https://www.amazon.com/Camco-43714-Shower-Switch-Flexible/dp/B000OAG63G

I have the Oxy one and it does save water but it does steam up the bathroom quite a bit and I end up wiping down the walls after the shower. Think I might give yours a try this fall. Because of conditions we decided to skip our spring trip.
__________________
2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Newburgh
Posts: 3,097
I always say "If it ain't broke , Don't fix it" but in this case it is in fact broke. I am not big on change so if it were me, I'd go with an exact replacement. Our original Oxygenics has been in place since before the first shower was ever taken in our camper. If it broke, I would buy the exact same one...
__________________
2016 28BHBE
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Marineco Detachable Shore Cord
CRE 3000 Equalizer / Wet Bolt Kit
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2016 Ford F250 6.2 Gasser
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Riverfront RV Park, Garrison, MT
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
So my father-in-law dropped the Oxygenic 26781 (the regular white one) in the shower last night in Vicksburg and broke it...thank goodness he was last to shower...and will now always be such! We were quite happy with it, but wanted to know if anyone has found anything better? I saw the Oxygenic Fury, but the reviews aren't as extensive as the original one that we had. I'm leaning towards replacing with the same unit, but just wanted to check with ya'll to get some input. I did see that an Aquadance product had high reviews as well. Just wanting to make an informed decision...Thank you in advance!
Dan, early on in our travels we were staying at a CG that only had about 25 psi and the water would just trickle out of the original shower head. Purchased this one and I could not believe the pressure it could generate. Really well built and not cheap plastic. Been very happy with it for the last 12 months.
https://www.amazon.com/YOO-MEE-Press...s%2C338&sr=1-5
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:45 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Bookemdanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,990
Thanks everyone for the responses! I just had Amazon deliver the YOO-MEE, so I guess I'll go to storage today and install. I couldn't see spending $60 on another Oxygenics when I got the YOO-MEE for $22!
__________________
Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377RLBH (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Delmar
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses! I just had Amazon deliver the YOO-MEE, so I guess I'll go to storage today and install. I couldn't see spending $60 on another Oxygenics when I got the YOO-MEE for $22!

Nice. We are really happy with ours. Amazon was quick for you.

I know you will like it but do report back.
__________________

__________________
Silverado 3500HD Duramax 2019
357MDOK 2019 (2 trips)
Rockwood 23IKSS 2017 (traded-in)
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×