Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
So easy you'll wonder why you didn't install one sooner.
Just put one on today I picked up at Camping World. Its their version of the MaxAir except it has side vents aswell. got on sale for $20 and installed in less than 1hr (prob less time if i didnt have a dead drill battery). Very happy so far and dont have worry about the rain now
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by exjay1 View Post
Just put one on today I picked up at Camping World. Its their version of the MaxAir except it has side vents aswell. got on sale for $20 and installed in less than 1hr (prob less time if i didnt have a dead drill battery). Very happy so far and dont have worry about the rain now
I bought one and installed it a few weeks ago. It flows air great even with a breeze from the side. I just ordered 2 more to do the rest of my vents
jjotmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #43

Received the 2 I ordered the other day and I just finished painting the inside of the one I will put on the vent above my bed. Hopefully it will help cut down the light while still allowing airflow. It should look good since it will still look like the other 2 on my roof
jjotmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #44

Just installed my maxxair recently. Had a hail storm come through and it broke my cheap plastic vent cover. Really happy with the fit and functionality of this product. Can't believe rv manufacturers haven't jumped on board and offer these at least as options. Had trouble finding the correct vent cover, so I installed my maxxair over the vent with no cover at all until it came in. Well, of course some of the biggest rain storms of the year blew through my area in that time. Needless to say, not one drop of water came into the tt that I could see. love this thing. Best mod to date.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 AM   #45

I want to install a maxxair II on my TT. I have watched the installation video and basically have 2 questions/concerns. First, the bolts that face upside down. Do they rub on the roof? Couldn't they wear a hole in the rubber roof? Secondly, is rust. Are they stainless steel? I am sure I could replace with stainless.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #46

Not sure what bolts you mean as mine are flat SS plates that I drilled and screwed into the dicor for a watertight seal. They do not move at all and are easily opened for cleaning underneath.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #47

Question Vent Cover Color?

Looks like everyone agrees that Maxx Air (or similar) vent covers are a must do mod. I've seen them on line and in CW in white translucent and black opaque, plus tan and grey (I think). I was thinking white in kitchen and bath for better lighting, but black in bedroom for less light if I wanted to sleep in. What color(s) have you put in, and why? Your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #48

I have 2 both are white. I got white mostly for the look, but didn't get black because we camp in the sun often and didn't want the vent area to heat up. The main bedroom has an A/C where the vent would be, but in the loft we simply use a vent pillow to block the light for the morning.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #49

Last weekend I installed 2 MaxxAir II, one in bath other in bunk room. Considered smoke or black for bunk room, but was concerned with additional heat potential from a dark vent cover, so went with standard wheat. I know heat rises, but didn't want to risk it.

After installation I think I made the right choice. The white still muted the light some compared to no cover. Plus there are inserts I can put in the vent opening on the inside to block all light should it become an issue.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #50

I have the Camping World brand on mine, both vents are the white color. I went with white to maintain the look, as everything else is white up there. As far a light, the one in the bedroom we have a vent pillow for that. The other is in the bathroom and the extra light is nice.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote