Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM   #1

MaxxFan upgrade in the bathroom, not sure which one?

We currently have the EZ Breeze fan in our bathroom and we both hate it. Too loud and doesn't move enough air. We also have just a passive vent in the LR and want to put a powered fan in there to help with ventilation.

We both like the looks and features of the Maxxair Deluxe 7500K, and with the remote control, it would be a great replacement for the passive vent in our LR to not only help with circulation while cooking, but using all the other features of it as well. But not so sure how it would work out with a switch in the bathroom.

Right now, all the DW has to do is flip a switch and although it would still work at some default setting, I am just not sure what that would be. I tried emailing and calling Maxxair multiple times with no responses to either email or voicemail.

So does anyone have a Maxxair Deluxe 7000/7500k fan installed in their bath on a wall switch circuit that can tell me what the fan would default to?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #2

I like my Maxxaire Deluxe. However, I made one mistake. I should have gotten the model with the remote control. Those high ceiling make it tough for me to do the controls. It's impossible for my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
We currently have the EZ Breeze fan in our bathroom and we both hate it. Too loud and doesn't move enough air. We also have just a passive vent in the LR and want to put a powered fan in there to help with ventilation.

We both like the looks and features of the Maxxair Deluxe 7500K, and with the remote control, it would be a great replacement for the passive vent in our LR to not only help with circulation while cooking, but using all the other features of it as well. But not so sure how it would work out with a switch in the bathroom.

Right now, all the DW has to do is flip a switch and although it would still work at some default setting, I am just not sure what that would be. I tried emailing and calling Maxxair multiple times with no responses to either email or voicemail.

So does anyone have a Maxxair Deluxe 7000/7500k fan installed in their bath on a wall switch circuit that can tell me what the fan would default to?

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #3

Appreciate the tip, remote style on my list
Old 12-01-2017, 07:09 AM   #4

Well, ordered a Maxxair 7500K but due to circumstances between my ordering and it arriving, the DW asked if I could install it in the LR to replace the passive vent in our 330RSTS to help with evacuating excess heat created while using the stove. Seems she set off the smoke detector while cooking breakfast and I was walking the dog. LOL. So after pulling the shroud and an AC vent, I located a power source which prompted a quick run to Ace hardware to pick up some 12v wiring, etc. End result is that my planned 7500K fan for the bathroom now resides in the LR ceiling. She likes it so well that I no longer have worries about her approval of one in the bathroom because I have already been authorized to order another for the bathroom. At least this time, I won't have to worry about fishing wires and such. Sigh.......................
Old 12-02-2017, 06:28 AM   #5

Anyone know if a Maxxfan Deluxe can be retro fitted with a remote cutoff switch?

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote