Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #21

I got a couple of winter projects going on in the trailer right now. The first one that I finished is a 4 port USB charger. Pretty easy one just had to cut in the box and tap in the power lines.
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #22

Finished the second project today. I installed a Bayite voltage meter. Inexpensive way to keep an eye on my batteries. We primarily use our trailer to tailgate on football weekends which means we’re running generators for power. This install took quite a bit of work, but I’m happy with the finished results.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #23

This weekend project is a 5 gallon accumulator tank. I won’t tie it in to the water lines until I dewinterize this spring-lines have antifreeze in them right now. I have a shark bite T-fitting that I will cut into one of the cold water lines.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #24

Finished up converting the appliances to stainless today.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #25

Looks good , Obviously a new hood and microwave , what did you do to the fridge and stove ?
tjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Looks good , Obviously a new hood and microwave , what did you do to the fridge and stove ?
The oven door is a skin and decal that you can order off of Amazon. For the fridge I had some stainless steel panels cut by an EBay seller. I ended up glueing 1/8” plywood to the back of the stainless steel to beef it up like the black panels from the factory. The fridge panels slide in/out by pulling off the retaining molding pieces on the side of the door. Here’s the post in another thread with more information about the fridge panels:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post585847
Old 02-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #27

Where do you store the ladder when not in use? Wife and I are thinking of getting one but not sure where to store it. Only thing I can think of is the bunk.
But if your sleeping and need to get up to use the bathroom the ladder could be in way of getting out of bottom bunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Where do you store the ladder when not in use? Wife and I are thinking of getting one but not sure where to store it. Only thing I can think of is the bunk.
But if your sleeping and need to get up to use the bathroom the ladder could be in way of getting out of bottom bunk

I store the ladder in the top bunk. The only time the ladder was used I was sleeping in the bottom bunk. I was able to remove it and reinstall it into the brackets when I needed to get out of the bottom bunk, but it would not be a great option for kids trying to do this by themselves. There may be room to store the ladder with the folding table in the pocket next to the refrigerator if you have the same floor plan as me.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #29

Accumulator tank?

OK. Newbie here. What is an accumulator tank and why do I need one?
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyouberg View Post
OK. Newbie here. What is an accumulator tank and why do I need one?

The accumulator tank is just a pressurized tank that gives you a buffer of pressurized water before the pump has to kick in. We primarily use our trailer for tailgating during football season. We are away from the trailer multiple times during these weekends and I try to remember to shut the pump off when we’re away. There were many times that when we got back to the trailer someone would use the bathroom and didn’t have water pressure because the pump was off. This should let someone flush the toilet, wash their hands and then hopefully remember to turn the pump back on. This is a mod to address a very specific issue that we have experienced, but I’m not sure how much universal appeal this mod has.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #31

Did you beat that hole in the wall, or did it come from the factory like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr View Post
Second project is to install a Coleman Mach 9430-337 Digital Wall Thermostat. I hooked it up and it's pretty much a wire for wire swap with the factory analog Coleman Mach. I chose this one because of the limited space I had available. The Coleman Mach RVP 8330-3862 looked like it was slightly wider that the analog version and I didn't want it hanging over the edge of the wall into the bunks. Now I need to cut a piece of panel to cover up the hole left by the original thermostat. Here is a picture of what I have so far:

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Did you beat that hole in the wall, or did it come from the factory like that?

100% Jayco craftsmanship on the hole. I can’t believe how much saw dust I’ve vacuumed out of this trailer. The guys get paid to build these as fast as possible and you can definitely tell.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #33

That's bad. However, if it's any consolation, Jayco's are the only ones like that. My previous trailer, a Skyline Kuala 21CS has a similar work of craftsmanship. I had to remove the rat hole where the electric shore power cord goes into the trailer. The hole was unbelievable. Looked like some one just took a hammer and chisel and whacked away.

Quote:
100% Jayco craftsmanship on the hole. I can’t believe how much saw dust I’ve vacuumed out of this trailer. The guys get paid to build these as fast as possible and you can definitely tell.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #34

Wire routing

Quote:
Got the Dish satellite receiver installed in the cabinet under the TV. Installed an HDMI jack on the outside of the trailer near the power and cable connector. An HDMI splitter allows both TVs to have satellite programming at same time.

Enjoying your mods RGard!

Can you please clarify how you routed/fished the HDMI cable to the outer wall? I need to run some wiring from inside to outside and I am trying to figure out my options.

I actually have to go back to front for my rear camera video wifi cabling and I'm not sure whether I should go below the floor, above the ceiling, or route outside and underneath the trailer.

If I go from inside to outside, I'm not sure what route to take to get through the floor or otherwise through a wall in a non-conspicuous manner.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateott View Post
Enjoying your mods RGard!

Can you please clarify how you routed/fished the HDMI cable to the outer wall? I need to run some wiring from inside to outside and I am trying to figure out my options.

I actually have to go back to front for my rear camera video wifi cabling and I'm not sure whether I should go below the floor, above the ceiling, or route outside and underneath the trailer.

If I go from inside to outside, I'm not sure what route to take to get through the floor or otherwise through a wall in a non-conspicuous manner.

The HDMI cable runs from the entertainment center to the exterior plate on the outside of the trailer. Most of the cable is hidden in the cabinetry. I thought about running it in the ceiling to get it from the left side of the trailer to the right, but I just ended up buying a piece of white plastic wire cover at Home Depot to simplify the process. The plastic cover just sticks to the ceiling and I doubt anyone notices it. The exterior plate was mounted close to the existing coax plate. I was able to pull a cover out of a cabinet to see if there was anything that would be in the way of the hole I needed to drill through the side of the trailer. Pretty straight forward process. I ran another wire for my battery monitor that goes through the floor in the same area. Again, I was able to see that I would not be drilling into anything important. Going through the floor I was close to the outside wall so I didn't have to deal with the enclosed under belly. Just pick locations that you can verify from both side that your drill won't be hitting anything it shouldn't.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #36

I swapped out the WFCO converter that came with my trailer to a Progressive Dynamics PD4135 converter. It's a direct replacement with the identical amount of circuits as the WFCO that I could never get the charging side to go into boost mode. There is on slight issue with the PD4135 in that it's about 1/2" narrower than the WFCO. I had to redo the backing to have something to screw into and two of the screw holes on one side of the converter did not get covered up. The best part is that the PD4135 went right into boost/bulk mode like it's supposed to.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7799.jpg