Let the fun begin. Picked the trailer up a couple of days ago and figured it was time to get started on some upgrades and additions. First off was to make the front of the sofa removable to add some additional storage. I feel that the biggest short coming of the 24MBH is the lack of storage. You lose the front pass through storage because of the murphy bed. The lower part of the sofa is held in place by two screws-one on each side. I added a pair of latches to make is easily removable. I stacked a couple of pieces of scrap plywood to space the latch out from the vertical frame piece of the sofa so it lined up with the front piece. Here are a couple of pictures:
Second project is to install a Coleman Mach 9430-337 Digital Wall Thermostat. I hooked it up and it's pretty much a wire for wire swap with the factory analog Coleman Mach. I chose this one because of the limited space I had available. The Coleman Mach RVP 8330-3862 looked like it was slightly wider that the analog version and I didn't want it hanging over the edge of the wall into the bunks. Now I need to cut a piece of panel to cover up the hole left by the original thermostat. Here is a picture of what I have so far:
Nothing too exciting about this one, but I'll post a picture anyways. I installed the RVLock Vi3 Keyless Entry System. It's usually on sale for $99. It was a plug and play solution for my trailer-no modifications needed at all. The only down side is losing the "Keyed Alike" feature for this door, but I felt it was a better option than having my daughters locked out after they are unable to locate their key.
Max Air vent cover installed on bathroom vent. Forgot to take a picture when I was on the roof, but you're not missing anything. Placement of the black or gray tank vent made one of the brackets more challenging to install, but it was about a 20-30 minute project depending on how many trips up and down the ladder you make for tools.