Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #1

Mod thread for my 2017 24MBH

Let the fun begin. Picked the trailer up a couple of days ago and figured it was time to get started on some upgrades and additions. First off was to make the front of the sofa removable to add some additional storage. I feel that the biggest short coming of the 24MBH is the lack of storage. You lose the front pass through storage because of the murphy bed. The lower part of the sofa is held in place by two screws-one on each side. I added a pair of latches to make is easily removable. I stacked a couple of pieces of scrap plywood to space the latch out from the vertical frame piece of the sofa so it lined up with the front piece. Here are a couple of pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4836.jpg   IMG_4837.jpg  
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #2

Second project is to install a Coleman Mach 9430-337 Digital Wall Thermostat. I hooked it up and it's pretty much a wire for wire swap with the factory analog Coleman Mach. I chose this one because of the limited space I had available. The Coleman Mach RVP 8330-3862 looked like it was slightly wider that the analog version and I didn't want it hanging over the edge of the wall into the bunks. Now I need to cut a piece of panel to cover up the hole left by the original thermostat. Here is a picture of what I have so far:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4835.jpg  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #3

Keep em coming. Everyone loves a good mod thread!

Looks like a good start to a new trailer.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #4

Nice work. I do love mods! Keep at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #5

Mod thread for my 2017 24MBH

So the third project of the day is an RVAC vacuum. I built the framing out of sone 1x2 pine. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment:

Old 04-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #6

So here's how the thermostat ended up. I used a piece out off the panel I cut out for the vacuum to hide the holes and screw holes from the original thermostat.

Next up is a keyless entry system from RVLock.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #7

Nice job so far , keep them coming I have the same trailer.
tjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #8

Nothing too exciting about this one, but I'll post a picture anyways. I installed the RVLock Vi3 Keyless Entry System. It's usually on sale for $99. It was a plug and play solution for my trailer-no modifications needed at all. The only down side is losing the "Keyed Alike" feature for this door, but I felt it was a better option than having my daughters locked out after they are unable to locate their key.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4865.jpg  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #9

Installed a Stromberg Carlson Black 60" Bunk Ladder today. I cut 4 1/2" off the ladder. It makes it a lot easier for my daughters to get into the top bunk.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #10

Max Air vent cover installed on bathroom vent. Forgot to take a picture when I was on the roof, but you're not missing anything. Placement of the black or gray tank vent made one of the brackets more challenging to install, but it was about a 20-30 minute project depending on how many trips up and down the ladder you make for tools.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #11

How is the Rvac wired up ?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
How is the Rvac wired up ?

So I took the easy way out and plugged it into the outlet in the outdoor kitchen that the fridge plugs into. I thought about adding an outlet inside the compartment where I installed the vacuum, but routing the vacuum cord to the outdoor kitchen was just too easy. There are some other hoses that run out to the kitchen so I just added the vacuum cord to the mix.

We aren't going to have access to shore power when we use the trailer so I doubt the mini fridge will get used.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgardjr View Post
So I took the easy way out and plugged it into the outlet in the outdoor kitchen that the fridge plugs into. I thought about adding an outlet inside the compartment where I installed the vacuum, but routing the vacuum cord to the outdoor kitchen was just too easy. There are some other hoses that run out to the kitchen so I just added the vacuum cord to the mix.

We aren't going to have access to shore power when we use the trailer so I doubt the mini fridge will get used.
Ok wasn't sure if it had to be hardwired or came with a plug on it. That's the first outlet i thought of using if it came with a plug. Guess I need to add another item on the must do list. Just ordered a digital thermostat last night , and going to tackle the sofa mod this weekend.
tjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Ok wasn't sure if it had to be hardwired or came with a plug on it. That's the first outlet i thought of using if it came with a plug. Guess I need to add another item on the must do list. Just ordered a digital thermostat last night , and going to tackle the sofa mod this weekend.
Here is a picture of the power cord (white cord) as it enters the outdoor kitchen compartment from behind the mini fridge. The hole was already there so why not use it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4876.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #15

Just found out our 2017 24 MBH only has vent in bath, no vent in main. Is it worth switching out dealer vent for something more substantial? Would welcome any feedback here.
mama4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #16

We want/need to add a stool or ladder too. Does this come off? What about bathroom?
mama4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4l View Post
We want/need to add a stool or ladder too. Does this come off? What about bathroom?
The ladder does come off. There are brackets that attach to the top bunk to hold it in place, but the top of the ladder just slides in/out of the brackets. It does block the bathroom door when the ladder is in place.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:23 PM   #18

Got the Dish satellite receiver installed in the cabinet under the TV. Installed an HDMI jack on the outside of the trailer near the power and cable connector. An HDMI splitter allows both TVs to have satellite programming at same time.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #19

Where did you find a bracket t amount the TV on?

thanks,
pgithens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgithens View Post
Where did you find a bracket t amount the TV on?

thanks,

Jayco installed the mount on the trailer. They use the KeBloc brand.

https://www.lw-eng.com/categories/1/KeBloc-Products