Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #1

Mods: 2009 Jayco 17C

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/im...attach/jpg.gif

From the top:

Added outdoor speakers.

Spare tire is resting on bumper, bolted through trailer wall to hold it steady. I mounted a second battery on the bumper but I think I'll remove it and go with two six volt batteries on the tongue. At the time I was trying to keep my tongue weight down.

Outdoor shelf made out of cutting board material and oak. Cuttingboard.com will make anything you want (for a price).

Outdoor shelf with two braces that wedge in under shelf and hold themselves there. Braces are made from Home Depot plastic trim with a 45 degree chisel point on each end.

Brace wedges into a cleat made from the same material. It's very sturdy.

Tables and shelf travel behind bungee cords. I seldom use the dining table that came with the camper--it's heavy and takes up a lot of room. I usually just stash it under the camper when we're set up.

Oak board (Home Depot) to keep my junk from flying off the shelf during travel.

Another oak board in bathroom

This is a Home Depot medicine cabinet that replaces the mirror which was moved outside the bathroom door. (Didn't know what else to do with it!) I replaced the shower head with Oxygenics and moved it to the other end of the tub so there is room to stand when showering. Soap shelves are on the wall.

I built a drawer under the dinette bench. I carefully cut the paneling and used it for the face so I wouldn't have to worry about matching it.

More to come in my next post--they would allow me to upload only ten pictures. If you're not bored yet, have a look!
Attached Thumbnails
387.jpg   388.jpg   389.jpg   390.jpg   391.jpg  

392.jpg   394.jpg   395.jpg   396.jpg   397.jpg  

Old 05-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #2

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1495398893

Drawer again. I think I used prefinished door casing for the trim around the face of it.

This is the storage access under the cushion of the dinette. I used to have to remove all three cushions to get it open so I made it a bit smaller and added hinges. Now I can just lift it up along with the cushion to get at all my unorganized junk.

I added a cheap portable Sirius radio to the entertainment center. The antenna is siliconed to the roof and it inputs into the aux. jacks on the back. For what it's worth, the buttons on the entertainment center never worked very well from day one.

Phone charging outlet for the rear bed.

Paper towels over sink--had to move the light to fit it in. Cutting board lives up behind the stove. Knife rack keeps me from slicing my fingers when I'm digging around in the silverware tray.

The cutting board fits over the stove to give me some much needed counter space. I've not figured out a way to stop it from sliding around yet.

This is my solar charge regulator for the panel on the roof. It's just a cheap one but it's working fine. I never have to plug the camper in when it's in my driveway. The extra pair of wires hanging there are for a future portable panel that could be plugged in up by the trailer tongue and give me more power if I'm in the shade.

You can see the edge of my 130W solar panel and the wire going into the trailer. That's a marine fitting for the wire to keep the water from getting in.

I've changed all the lights to LED; they just plug in and replace the old power hungry incandescent lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
398.jpg   399.jpg   400.jpg   401.jpg   403.jpg  

404.jpg   405.jpg   406.jpg   407.jpg   408.jpg  

Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #3

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1495400296

This is a tiny LED accessory light. I wired it to the switch that controlled the ceiling light in the bathroom; we never used it--always use the switch on the light itself. This stays on all night and really helps in dark boondocking areas.

I made a spice rack for the little stuff.

This is a combo USB/12V outlet which is wired to a spare fuse in the 12V panel. Can't have too many places to charge your phone!

This is the camper up on ramps so I could work on the grey water valve from underneath.
Attached Thumbnails
409.jpg   410.jpg   401.jpg   385.jpg  
Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nice mods. Looks good and efficient use of space.
Thanks for sharing.
D.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #5

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing with all of the pictures, I enjoyed looking through them and might steal a few of your mod ideas. I especially like the drawer under the dinette.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #6

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1495400867

Almost forgot this one! When Jayco built the camper they put the grey water valve in an incredibly stupid hard to reach spot. No one wants to crawl around on the ground at the dump station. I installed a cable actuated valve in the pipe just after it exits the grey tank. You can see the handle here in the picture; works great, can't wait to dump!

In case anyone is wondering, the camper is parked on my lawn while I'm waiting to get my driveway sealed. I'm sure they'll take their time getting here just to make sure I have a nice dead spot on the lawn.
Attached Thumbnails
411.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 07:41 AM   #7

Regarding your cutting board sliding around: My DW bought a Camco cutting board built for this purpose. It came with rubber feet that have slots in them. The feet are aligned to sit on top of the grate, and the slots are aligned so they wrap around the grate bars. In addition, Camco glued on some of that rubbery non-slip shelf liner, which also helps. I'm figuring you could get some feet from the box store and try it yourself.
Daleallenc is offline   Reply With Quote