Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #11

Very nice work. Looks very original.

I too also work while on the road. Terrific idea on the desk and chair. My DH would kill me though if I touched a single thing. She only gave me permission to put lights over the bed and in the cargo hold. That is about all you will ever seen done with me.

2013 Ford F-250 XLT Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagnew View Post
We used pine lumber from Lowes and then I stained it. I know I used Minwax stain and then did several coats of polyurethane. Unfortunately, I forgot what color stain I used and the can was discarded months ago. I thought I was using the same color when I stained the desk but I was way off. I guess I should write these things down!
When I build furniture, I hit it with my branding iron and then write the brand, color, and part # of the stain in an inconspicuous place. Cabinet looks good!

Old 04-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Very nice work. Looks very original.

I too also work while on the road. Terrific idea on the desk and chair. My DH would kill me though if I touched a single thing. She only gave me permission to put lights over the bed and in the cargo hold. That is about all you will ever seen done with me.
My wife prohibited me from drilling any holes to add reading lights above our bed. She did, however, allow me to drill holes THROUGH our Starcraft 235fb (Jayco 23 fb clone) so that we could mount our porta-bote to the side of the RV.

I really like your cabinets....nice job. We added a store bought set of shelves behind the dinette. It is only about 3 feet high and comes level with the back of the dinette seat. I think they make them in cherry (close match to cabinets) but we just used a white one.

dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote