Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouthoofd View Post
I’ll second that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
That's a cool idea. I wish I could connect a similar LED into the circuitry of my fresh water #2 level light on my inside control panel. I would then rout the LED into my wet bay so I would not have to run in and out of the camper to see when the level got to the #2 position every time I add water to my fresh water tank. I could see when it gets to the #2 level from outside.
Mine requires ac current flow to light the led.
I know it could be done somehow.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #42

This first week of camping in our new 195RB saw several mods done. The most useful was replacing the bathroom door handle. When opening from the inside I scraped my knuckle on the jamb, so the door knob went away replaced with a lever style handle. No more skinned knuckle!

2018 Jayco SLX 195RB
2018 Honda Pilot
autowbrake.com brake controller
dexstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #43

Most useful

Rearview camera with display mounted over the rearview mirror.
TPMS on tow vehicle and trailer (saved me from shredding a tire on the truck)

Other mods
BAL lock arm stabilizers
volt/amp meters for shore power monitoring
hard wired power protector
DC volt meter
Fridge thermometer
internal and external fans for fridge
rear flood light
backup floodlights
under trailer flood lighting
under trailer mood lighting
Bluestreak auto toilet chemical dispenser
closet led lighting
underbed storage led lighting
dimmer for interior led lights
dimmer for led awning light
superbright led brake/tail lights
slide toppers
second ac
under trailer vinyl fence post carriers for sewer hoses
shock absorbers on trailer
plexiglass panels for screen door
screen door grab bar
replaced bulky recliners with euro recliners
water heater drain valve
propane quick connect for weber grill
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #44

Best mod to our 2017 16XRB - Endurance 215R75/14 tires. Wish 15" tires would fit...
Second is re-routing the black tank gate valve cable. It's now 19" straight to the side. Still working on a grey tank valve fix...
Have made many small custom fixes that make the trailer perfect for us.
A simple 48" X 13" X 1/4" extension to make sleeping on bench comfortable.
Made and attached 1/8" aluminum tabs to existing 5 bolts that attach vertical members to frame on each side. Can tie anything down anywhere.
Custom made screen room to fit awning and attach to sides of trailer
A/C and D/C digital monitors.
New brighter curtains.
Battery and propane tank platforms on A-frame with tank holder.
50mm ammo can bolted to A-frame for dolly wheel, hitch lock.
SS braided hose with off/on valve from water heater plug.
LED porch light near door
And some others - customizing is one of the most enjoyable things about having a camper. : )
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollander Mutthaulers View Post
customizing is one of the most enjoyable things about having a camper. : )
I couldn't agree more!

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:13 AM   #46

Hi
Kevin from Australia (dont hold it against me), we have a Jayco Sterling 21 foot with double slideouts and my wife Deb likes to wear long dresses and no vans in Australia have wardrobe hanging space for them. So I took the ensuite doors off, cut them down and made a full length robe for her. Had to use the doors as I couldn't find any matching timber panels her to use. Best thing Ive done to the van as she is very happy
See you
Kevin
Debnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:30 AM   #47

Installed a battery disconnect switch on the top of the battery case. I can disconnect battery while in storage. After months of storage, battery still supports trailer functions.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #48

I replaced the 24" stock stabilizer jacks with 30' ones on our 23 RLSW. Makes setting up on sloped sites way easier.
chesterBurnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #49

On my "to do" list is removing the small outside refrigerator in the storage compartment. Since it only runs on shorepower and it's just the 2 of us traveling, we've only used it to store additional bottles of water when traveling. I'd rather have the additional storage than the refrigerator. Plus I won't hear it cycling on and off when I'm trying to sleep since it's right under the bedroom.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #50

Way too many mods to mention here. I really have no favorite as they all improve the usability of the MH. Modding is my entertainment.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #51

My improvements

I converted our colemN XLS GRILL to use on the trailer propane tanks. Quick set up and works great.
I also bought a table top ice maker. I’m going to make a shelf under the end of the kitchen counter to put it on. Works great for us. My wife packed 3 pint freezer bags of ice to use until we stopped for ice. When we go set up, I pulled out the ice maker that she didn’t know I had purchased, and we didn’t have to buy any ice for the whole week we were out camping.
I just seen the original 3 bags of ice in the freezer yesterday. Lol
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #52

Things I added to my 2017 Pinnacle

In March I added an on demand water heater (Nautilus, sold by Suburban) purchased at PPL RV Parts. Took about 2 to 3 hours and was one of the best add on's I have ever added to an RV. Uses very little propane and we can take as many showers as we want (given that we are hooked to sewers).

Large hooks in the basement area for hanging cords and hoses.

Vent covers that allow us to have the vents open during a rain, while taking those long showers. :-)

Tireminder TPMS sensors. A real piece of mind to be able to watch the temperature and air pressure while going down the road. I use my Android app to monitor the sensors. I lost a tire on trailer and it ruined quite a bit of slide out before knowing what happened. On the Pinnacle 5th wheel, I swapped out the E load range tires for G load range tires. The difference in the side wall was amazing from the E to the G.

Clocks that run on AC/batteries, and keep time with WWV. So when on the road they usually have the correct time the next time you stop.

Put a lock on the 5th wheel pin. Another piece of mind thing.

AC surge protector. Water regulator (adjustable)

Happy trails!
JPKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #53

Screen Door mod

I have made a few changes but the most convenient was on the screen door. I added a handle which is very handy to help pull the door closed. Opening the door was a pain, having to slide the plastic cover out of the way, so I added a pushbutton on a spring to open the door. That is the handiest mod so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Door knob.jpg   door mechanism.jpg  
DanNadeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #54

So many great ideas here, awesome thread. Just a hard wired EMS so far, Marinco set up.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:32 AM   #55

Our Jayco has a really nice pantry. But the shelves are deep. So I went to Walmart and bought nice low woven baskets. I put the canned items and pots pans and bowls in them to keep from scratching the wood shelves. Keeps me organized as well. Now to redo the bathroom. Wish it had a sink and hooks.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #56

Those Walmart wicker baskets are really nice. We have two on a shelf above the rear bunk. Always fun to look around for ideas and great new additions such as a plastic set of drawers that fits just right in a cabinet under the stove. Holds silverware, utensils, pots and pans. Spark of insanity is helpful. : )

And Dan, those awkward screen door handles - I know what you mean! That's a clever idea you had. I bought a $2 simple black door pull and screwed it into the screen door frame like a real door would have but I still need to fiddle with the plastic slider to open it.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #57

2012 octane t26y...New tires, blue ox hitch, lots of command hooks, several baskets to organize riding gear, pulled the clothes rods and placed grey wire shelves, hung a coated wire with many s carabiners across the back bottom if the happijack bed for riding gear, that way when the bed is lowered and raised riding shirts and pants sweatshirts & gear stays put. Stop cock on the generator fuel pump line. Next is to place a stop cock on the fresh water over flow lines. There is more, I just can't remember it all.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #58

We use our 26BH as a couple's trailer (with two cats). Our mods are numerous, but the most outstanding mod was rearranging the interior.

We took out the queen bed, and the half-wall, and now, when you walk in the door from the outside, you're facing the sofa on the opposite wall, and to the right, is a 40" wide bed that runs along the front end of the trailer. So, it's basically, a big L section, with plenty of open space. And, a small three layer shoe rack right by the entry door.

And, we removed the upper bunk from the bunk area. That's the wife's bed, and I take the living room bed. Each has upgraded foam mattresses.

Wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but it works perfectly for us.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #59

I added a power cord reel in the basement and it holds my 35’ 50A cord with ease. Before I had to coil it by hand and it hung on a hook screwed to the basement wall. In colder weather it was like fighting an angry octopus. Now hot or cold it takes 1 minute, one hand to crank and the other with a rag to guide and wipe as it winds.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #60

Lots of good ideas.

At some point I'll do the screen door handle.

I'll figure out some way to duplicate the tank level idiot lights to the wet bay too as I also run in and out while waiting for the fresh tank to fill.

Best big mod is the solar/batteries. G tires were well worth it too.

Still have to complete my custom tank level monitors so I know what's really in the tanks.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote