Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

Mounting TVs help please

I am going to mount 3 tvs to my 345bhts. One in the front bedroom, one in the bunkhouse and one in the outside kitchen. My question is how thick is the wood behind the walls and how long of a screw can I use without going through the wall and damaging anything? Also does anyone know of any good mounts for the Tv. I would like 2 swivel mounts and one standard mounts. The swivels need to lock in place. My dealer has a pretty nice swivel mounts but he wants $150 a piece for them and he is a jerk and I would like give my money to someone else.
jerm2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

A friend recommended these to me. Don't have my new TT yet, but this is what I plan to use. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GTT0VO..._D3hZwb05EMKXR
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #3

If you use this mount, you will need to find a way to lock the TV in place while moving.

2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
lhpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #4

I have been very pleased with the KeBloc system from L&W Engineering. Their outside rigid bracket and mount came with our new Whitehawk. I have ordered additional mounts and tilt/swing brackets from them for the bedroom of the TT and my garage at home. It makes it real easy to move a tv from one location to the other.

https://www.lw-eng.com/categories?category_id=1

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #5

Spark how much were the Keblock mounts and which one did you get. I really would like to get one that locks in the closed position.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #6

The mounting blocks are very inexpensive at less than $5.00 each with the mounting hardware included. The tilt /swivel brackets with an included mounting block are a bit pricey at $69.00. Rigid bracket with mount is only $22.50. You can buy direct from L&W. To do so, you'll have to call them and they'll set you up an account. Once the account is set up, you can log in and see all of the pricing online. By their own admission, they're pretty crappy at marketing so a lot of people don't know about them.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:21 AM   #7

Awesome Thanks for you help. I think I will give them a try.

Does anyone know how thick the walls are in the A Jayco Eagle 345bhts In the areas that I will be mounting them?
Old 02-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #8

I'd guess at 3" thick..maybe 2". If there's a door or entrance somewhere near to the area, you can judge/measure thickness that way.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I'd guess at 3" thick..maybe 2". If there's a door or entrance somewhere near to the area, you can judge/measure thickness that way.
This is right in line with what I encountered for my bedroom tv. Greater than 2" but less than 3". I was fortunate enough to have the access panel for the shower plumbing on the same wall. I was able to measure depth there and then double-checked it by removing the coax plate next to the tv mounting location decal. My installation allowed me to use the screws that came with the Kebloc mount.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
The mounting blocks are very inexpensive at less than $5.00 each with the mounting hardware included. The tilt /swivel brackets with an included mounting block are a bit pricey at $69.00. Rigid bracket with mount is only $22.50. You can buy direct from L&W. To do so, you'll have to call them and they'll set you up an account. Once the account is set up, you can log in and see all of the pricing online. By their own admission, they're pretty crappy at marketing so a lot of people don't know about them.
I agree the mounts might seem a bit pricey, but they do allow for quick mount and dismount if you want to take your TV outside. Don't think that's easy to find in other TV mounts. Almost everything else I see is permanently mounted to your wall or surface.

My new Jay Feather has a KeBlock and TV connectors on the outside of the trailer as well. Not sure how much we'll use that, but it seems like a nice feature.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post

My new Jay Feather has a KeBlock and TV connectors on the outside of the trailer as well. Not sure how much we'll use that, but it seems like a nice feature.

Roger
I hope Jayco did a better job installing your outside KeBloc than they did mine. I think they forgot to level the trailer from front to back before mounting mine. The Bloc is so narrow, you don't even notice it until you hang a tv on there. My 36" outdoor tv is off by more than half an inch on either side as a result and it drives me crazy with frustration over something so simple (Yeah, I know...first world problem, right?). Needless to say, I made sure the trailer was level in all directions before marking up the holes and mounting my indoor bedroom KeBloc.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
I hope Jayco did a better job installing your outside KeBloc than they did mine. I think they forgot to level the trailer from front to back before mounting mine. The Bloc is so narrow, you don't even notice it until you hang a tv on there.
Wowser, I'll have to check that when I finally get my TT leveled at a campsite. Can't do it in my driveway - at least not yet, anyway.

Thanks for the tip.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #13

this the mount I used, very solid and locks in against the wall when traveling, either tv1 006h or tv1 021h TV Mounts - MORryde
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:45 PM   #14

I have 2 of these they work great.
craighope70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #15

I got a small I-bolt and screwed into the tv block in the wall. Then I use a wisely fit bungee cord to keep the TV jostling around during travel.
craighope70 is offline   Reply With Quote