Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #11

Where did you find the light and switch for the command center?

bluie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #12

Magnetic switch and courtesy light in control panel......if you don't mind, where did you get them....definitely like this idea.

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluie5 View Post
Where did you find the light and switch for the command center?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownstumpjumper View Post
Magnetic switch and courtesy light in control panel......if you don't mind, where did you get them....definitely like this idea.
Here's the magnetic micro switch:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the light:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The control panel is thin flexible Kydex and easy to remove, 4 screws and it pops out. If you turn it 90* and wedge it back into the opening, it will lodge itself there allowing you to work with the wires on the back without the panel hanging by the wires. (It goes without saying that you should remove all sources of power from the coach before beginning this process; disconnect the battery, the TV and the shore power).

I used the 12V socket below my control center for power and ground and wired the magnetic microswitch to the ground side of the circuit. I had to kind of rig it because the wires for the switch and the light are TINY, and the wires into the back of the socket are HUGE; I actually grounded it out and popped the fuse because they were touching and I didn't know it.

The microswitch gets a lot of flack for "sticking" in the reviews, but with this tiny amount of current (these 2 tiny LEDs use a negligible amount of juice), that's unlikely to happen. If you put too much juice through this little switch, the contacts will weld together and the switch won't work anymore. The control center door has a mirror in it (for mine), and the back of the mirror is a perfect place to mount the door-side of the switch using the sticky tape (any magnet will work for that side). It's also pretty cool that the blocks can be installed in varying orientations and the switch will still activate. It's not unlimited, but there is enough flexibility to make it work.

Good luck and enjoy!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #14

Like the idea of a light in the Control Panel and the switch you used. Will have to try this out. Thanks.

DW,DS,DD and Riley (Goldendoodle)
dan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #15

If you have a 28BHBE, or many other floor plans, you might understand why I had to replace the factory vent in the bedroom:

I got tired of arguing with DW about who was going to get air blown on them all night. We haven't been out since it was installed, but testing reveals VERY promising results; this should diffuse the cool air around the bedroom quite nicely!
Attached Images

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE

Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #16

Happycampers, I see you folks past thru town last Sept. Where did youse guys take off from? Had I found you early I would have stopped by and say hello while you were cruising the Charles.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #17

Camper bob, I bought the same vent for our 28DSBH and realized that it only has a 1/4 inch extension collar. The factory vent has a 1 5/8" (approx.) extension collar on it. How did you install the new vent so that it extends into the AC ductwork?
cppeekskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cppeekskill View Post
Camper bob, I bought the same vent for our 28DSBH and realized that it only has a 1/4 inch extension collar. The factory vent has a 1 5/8" (approx.) extension collar on it. How did you install the new vent so that it extends into the AC ductwork?
The one I got has the longer extension collar. In fact, I was thinking about trimming it down because I didn't want it to block any air flow. But then I figured this vent is at the end of the line, so all the air just dumps out.

The only problem I have with it now is that about 25% of the air blows right on the wall between the bedroom and the living room. So I'm thinking about fashioning some kind of simple deflector to block the portion of the vent that faces the wall and TV so that ALL of the air goes straight into the bedroom. But still not blowing directly on either one of us...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE

Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
The one I got has the longer extension collar. In fact, I was thinking about trimming it down because I didn't want it to block any air flow. But then I figured this vent is at the end of the line, so all the air just dumps out.

The only problem I have with it now is that about 25% of the air blows right on the wall between the bedroom and the living room. So I'm thinking about fashioning some kind of simple deflector to block the portion of the vent that faces the wall and TV so that ALL of the air goes straight into the bedroom. But still not blowing directly on either one of us...
I'm sorry, that was completely wrong. I got to thinking about it, and I remember I had to disassemble the original vent. The extension collar on the original vent comes off. I used it on the new vent, and it fit pretty well, not perfect, but good enough. I just slipped it in, it does not attach. Also the screw holes did not line up, so I ended up having to punch two new holes in the roof. Good news is if I re-install the old vent, it will cover all the holes.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE