Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2018, 07:50 AM   #1

My Mods - So Far

Own a 24RBS Whitehawk, 2014, and have been on a modification run since early this spring. See my list below.

Interior
1. Built a new bathroom medicine chest, doubled the size of the mirror and incorporated catch rails to keep items from volunteering to be used. IE falling out.
2. Replaced all interior lights with LED lights.
3. Replaced the factory light above the bed with two spot lights, they have two colors, blue for night light and soft white for reading.
4. Added under cabinet LED lights in the kitchen. Have motion control for on\off and dimming.
5. Removed filler panel from the cabinet in the kitchen, replaced it with a door to gain additional access to cabinets storage. Added shelves in this area to make it more useful.
6. Added lift arms\support to all cabinet doors that swing up, total of 6 doors.
7. Replaced shower head with one that has a on\off switch and multi shower pattern.
8. Strong arm support for the under bed storage.
9. Added a storage drawer to the under bed storage, camp side of the bed.
10. Added storage drawers under the dinette seats.
11. Added small flip up tables to each side of the bed.
12. Added outlets to both sides of the bed with two USB power ports in each outlet.
13. Converted one of the wardrobe closets in the bed room to a pantry with removal shelves in case need convert back.
14. Digital thermostat

Exterior
1. Removed pull out shore power cord with a plug in port. Modified the removed power cable to plug into the port.
2. New Goodyear Endurance D rated trailer tires
3. Lippert Equa-flex Tandem Axle Equalizers with the MORryde Heavy Duty Schackle System.
4. Replace LED light strip under the awning.
5. Added oversize entry handle.
6. Replaced outdoor speakers with JBL marine speakers

Future(ToDo List)
1. Replace all exterior marker lights and tail lights with LED lights.
2. Add lights to the pass through storage.
3. Replace keyed locks on exterior storage doors with barrel locks.
4. Add shelving to the closets in the bathroom.
5. Add outdoor TV mount

I have a question about storage door locks, order two different sets from Amazon and neither one had the correct offset for the lock arm. Made a trip to local RV dealer asked if they had replacement locks, could not match it. Get any suggestions from this group on how to source correct type?

Of course the to do list is a always subject to additions with little to no warning by me or the DW. Been fun to make the camper functional to our needs.
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #2

That is a great list. Thanks for sharing.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #3

Update, have almost completed the ToDo list, still have to add lights to the pass through other than that all other items completed. Did not use barrel locks on the exterior storage doors instead went with a rvlocksandmore.com with a standard keyed lock method but offer a much wider range of keys.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

TheB2B,

Can you post some pics and product numbers on your "Lippert Equa-flex Tandem Axle Equalizers with the MORryde Heavy Duty Schackle System" MOD?

I plan to do a similar MOD (wet bolts, bronze bushings, etc.) on my 24RBS once the warranty is up....., did the same MOD on my prior Eagle.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
TheB2B,

Can you post some pics and product numbers on your "Lippert Equa-flex Tandem Axle Equalizers with the MORryde Heavy Duty Schackle System" MOD?

I plan to do a similar MOD (wet bolts, bronze bushings, etc.) on my 24RBS once the warranty is up....., did the same MOD on my prior Eagle.

Bob

Pic below, hope this helps.

My 24RBS has the "easy-ride" axle setup, center to center on the hubs is 42", is this the same has yours? If so here is link to the Lippert web site and the Equa-flex I used.
https://store.lci1.com/spread-axle-equa-flex

The shackle kit found on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed and road ready, as for ride improvement, WOW!
Attached Thumbnails
20180723_181330.jpg  
Old 07-23-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

TheB2B,

Great feedback!

I plan to purchase the hardware in advance so your info will come in handy.

I still have to conform my axle specs and associated dimensions.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #7

You've been busy.

A question: What is the advantage of changing the power cord from a pull-out to a plug port. Seems to me the cord becomes something else I have to find space for.

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSA75 View Post
You've been busy.

A question: What is the advantage of changing the power cord from a pull-out to a plug port. Seems to me the cord becomes something else I have to find space for.

Picture this, rolling down the highway 65 MPH and it is raining, hard, the cover door flips open and now you have water streaming into the opening. Your camping and have the cord pulled out, cover is closed but the small slot is open so the cord can be out, think bug highway.

Anyway those and other reasons why I have chosen to close off the hole and yes now have another item to store away, or worse leave behind(don't ask ).
Old 07-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #9

I like the idea of the plug on the outside instead of the cord. Do you have a link for the plug assembly and new cord?

Thanks, David
Farmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #10

Here is the kit I used, this includes parts necessary to take your existing power cord, which will need to be cut down, and convert it to external removable plug in cord.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is easy, just need some basic hand tools and a tube of sealant, apply around the plug to make sure no water can get in. Any questions please let me know.
FYI: I'm a Amazon Prime member so my go to online shopping.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #11

Posted this under tech talk right after install, had it a bit and wanted to keep all my updates in one spot and give my opinion and thoughts on replacement so here it is.

My Jensen entertainment system stopped working, would not power up. Verified I had power all the way to the plugin for the Jensen but it would not turn on. After suffering sticker shock of replacing it with a newer model I found a Pyle PLRVST300 on ebay sold as a “factory refurbished” with full standard factory warranty for little less than half the price. The Pyle fits into the same opening as the Jensen and the mounting screws line up with the old Jensen mount locations.
Initial thoughts, glad I didn’t pay full price really don’t think it is worth the full price. Sound is better but not stellar, may need to replace the interior speakers with a wider dynamic range, outside speakers do sound better but they have already been replaced. Comes with weather band and Bluetooth, dimmer for the lights and four selectable equalizer settings. Also has an alarm feature don’t see myself using that. Down side, first I don’t like how you turn off a specific speaker set. You need to select speaker A, B, or C then turn the volume all the way down to zero bit of a pain. There is no HDMI output still RCA … in this age still using RCA cables and no Blue Ray player, given the cost of this player at full retail it should come with both, like I said glad I didn’t pay full retail.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #12

I like it! nice work.
Trippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:47 AM   #13

I'll add another reason to have a plug in cord rather than the hard wired cord.

Sometimes the cord, when storing it, will become tangled and I couldn't get the entire cord out again. Happened to me with my old trailer. Had to take the facing off the trailer wall so I could stick my hand inside to untangle the mess.

So I was proactive on my new trailer. Now I will never have that problem again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSA75 View Post
You've been busy.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #14

I switched to Marinco plug in cord. We were getting ready to head out and as I was putting previous setup away it went through the plastic insert and fell down behind the wall. It took me a bout 20 minutes to fish it out and once was enough.
Bigbeartroop122 is offline   Reply With Quote