Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2022, 01:26 PM   #1

New Shower Faucet

When we camp we almost always have a water hookup. Unfortunately, we sometimes don't have sewer. That has never posed a problem for our black tank but our grey tank is filled after 2 or 3 showers. That is why I hate letting extra water go down the drain while I adjust the water temperature every time I take a shower. Multiply that by two when you add in the wife's showers. That's why I was looking for a replacement faucet that would keep the mixture settings between showers. I found what I thought was a perfect replacement. It was a thermostatic faucet that has separate dials to pick the temperature and turn the water on. However, the problem with that faucet is that the supply inlets are spaced almost 6 inches apart and our shower faucet has 4" spacing between the supply lines. I watched a video of a man installing one in a motorhome with a similar existing faucet as we have. It took a lot of modifications to get it in and in the end relied on the supply lines to hold it in place because the faucet threads were too short to fit the mounting nuts and the supply line nuts. That's when I stopped trying to reinvent the wheel and see what others have done. Thank you for any advice and suggestions you can give.

Jeff
jlawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 01:49 PM   #2

Although its not quite what you are looking for, the Oxygenics shower head has a shutoff button that stops all but a bare trickle of water. That keeps you from getting scalded when you resume the water flow and prevents excess water from filling the grey tank. We each know appx where the shower handles need to be to get the water where we like it. We are a family of 5 (DW and 3 adult children) Our problem is the girls taking showers as if they were at home...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:16 PM   #3

Thanks Marcm but you're right, it's not what I was looking for. Although, I was thinking of doing that mod as well.
jlawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #4

You can get far more showers if you take a Navy shower. Step in, get wet, turn the water off. Soap up, turn the water back on and rinse. Uses less than a gallon and you end up clean and soap free.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:54 PM   #5

Beware of the Oxygenics shower head. The one thing they don't tell you is that you need more than 40 PSI for it to work properly. I called the factory and expressed my concern that they didn't mention this in any advertisements, fell on deaf ears. We still like it and use it, but it does not perform as advertised.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 46 years. Haley the mutt, 3 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help."
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Although its not quite what you are looking for, the Oxygenics shower head has a shutoff button that stops all but a bare trickle of water. That keeps you from getting scalded when you resume the water flow and prevents excess water from filling the grey tank. We each know appx where the shower handles need to be to get the water where we like it. We are a family of 5 (DW and 3 adult children) Our problem is the girls taking showers as if they were at home...
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Beware of the Oxygenics shower head. The one thing they don't tell you is that you need more than 40 PSI for it to work properly. I called the factory and expressed my concern that they didn't mention this in any advertisements, fell on deaf ears. We still like it and use it, but it does not perform as advertised.
X2 to both. Having said that, I have installed it and yet to use it, but did notice when hooked up to the shop water tap, the pressure is ok but not great. But it is still better than the OEM head Jayco put in. Most camps we have been to I have noticed the water pressure can be on the high side, so looking forward to using it in a couple of weeks.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #7

I bought a Oxygenics for our first TT, when we sold it I took it with us to the new 5th. 10-ish years, no probs and I guess we’ve not stayed in a CG with too low water pressure. If it breaks tomorrow I’ll hit amazon for a replacement.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #8

I have used my oxygenics shower head on ~20psi here recently due to having a water line break and having to run about 300' of hose. In any case, it worked great and when I say that, certainly 40 or 60 psi would have been more forceful, but 20 was fine. They make two style showerheads now, the type I have is the original style and it isn't like some heads with pinpoint sharp needles of water that make low pressure seem high, instead it simply mixes in a lot of air to make the volume of water, even at a low flow feel like there is a lot more water volume than there really is which makes soaping, showering, and rinsing off a lot easier when in low water pressure conditions with the oxygenics compared to a lot of others I have tried.

I will add that mine are (house and rv) a few years old, if they no longer work correctly unless there is 40psi then that may be due to a recent change in the product. But visibly, it looks like the oxgenics shower head sold today is an exact match to what I purchased a few years back. ~CA
Old 08-16-2022, 12:31 PM   #9

Makes me wonder if mine might have a defect in it. Didn't think of that. But we expected to "feel" like there was more flow due to the advertisements. It seems like we get even less water than the standard shower head we replaced. But, DW loves the shut off valve on the head so we are keeping it.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 46 years. Haley the mutt, 3 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help."
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote