Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #11

you should be able to get two group 27 batteries on the front just need to move the gas bottle to the front put the batteries behind them. I did it on my 213exp might work for you If you need picts. just let me know good luck

Riverbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #12

Thx for the thought. My issue is I have 2 20 lb bottles. I could reduce that to one but then I would need to play with the hoses, regulator, switch etc. Still I may end up doing just that

2016 Jayco x213
2012 Toyota Tundra
Mainenebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by David472 View Post
I am puzzled by your question about a shunt.
A shunt is a device normally used when measuring the current flow in a DC circuit. Could it be you refer to the fuse which is wired next to the stock battery?
Your point may be the source of my confusion. I am not very familiar with what a shunt does but thought it was as you describe it. But I have on on the ground side of my factory installed wiring harness. Is it there just for the possibility I will get a volt meter? Or is a necessary component to my electrical system?

2016 Jayco x213
2012 Toyota Tundra
Mainenebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainenebula View Post
Your point may be the source of my confusion. I am not very familiar with what a shunt does but thought it was as you describe it. But I have on on the ground side of my factory installed wiring harness. Is it there just for the possibility I will get a volt meter? Or is a necessary component to my electrical system?
A shunt is not a necessary item, unless its there to measure the DC current flow. A fuse, however, is a necessary item. A fuse has two connections, an input and an output. A shunt has those two, plus two others which go to a metering device. I suspect you are seeing a fuse and not a shunt. A photo may help to identify it for us.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #15

Are you sure you cant add something like this to your trailer that would mount on top of the tongue frame and mount between the Propane tank and the trailer wall..

photo from google images

You will need about 14-inches space. This will extend out over both sides of the tongue and if you just install two batteries in it will also give some tool storage space..

This diamondplate storage box is great for four or two GC2 6v Batteries and will give you around 12VDC @400AH of battery capacity if you install two groups or just 12VDc @200AH if you just install two GC2 6V batteies.

This also would be a great spot to lock-up your GC2 batteries for those off the power grid camping trips.

I can imagine space inside your trailer will be premium...

Be glad to share my info via emails if you might want to go this way... PM me...

RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote