Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #1

rear camera mount

I purchased a magnetic rear camera for my tt. It originally sat on the rear bumper but recently made a steel arm that sits in the spare tire rack in the rear. The design was that once at a site, I would drop the tire on its swivel and would put it back up when we left. After it was completed, there seemed to be some vibration concerns so I drilled two holes and put some easy to remove bolts in to make sure it wouldn't vibrate while driving. It will be worth it as it sits higher and will be centered. The down side is that it will take about two minutes in possible rain to remove the screws or tighten them. It you have an enclosed TT- there will be no down side. I will post pics if anyone is interested- but won't bother otherwise.

Mike
mtkeg15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #2

Would love to see pics.

So is it a wireless camera? I have looked at those, but was concerned if the signal would reach all the way back to my truck.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #3

am interested in the pics!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #4

Sorry about the delay. Here it is- though it actually looks better in person. Before the camera was on the lower bumper- and now it is higher- though I have to remove two bolts and then swivel it to get it out of the way of the bed when it is lowered. The process only takes one minute to lower or to raise it back for the trip. The cable runs under the trailer and it ends in the LP tank area. My screen cable runs through the Denali and hidden under the seats and the rug and through the tailgate.....and into the lower inlet of the LP tanks. The cable in the photos needs adjusting to get it looking more stream lined and my paint it black to match. All in all, it looks good- stays out of the way and it is clear as day. I didn't like the wireless- this does the trick better as it is a strong and clear picture compared to wireless and in the end there is no more second guessing who is on your rear or blind zones----and backing is much safer. Any more photos needed, let me know. If you worry the camera will be stolen, just unplug it and put it in the car or trailer. It you don't have a hybrid- this would be ideal as you wouldn't have to worry about the folding tent end.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2181.jpg   IMG_2182.jpg   IMG_2183.jpg   IMG_2184.jpg  
mtkeg15 is offline   Reply With Quote