Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #1

Reico Titan Ground Control Leveling System

We are thinking about putting the Reico Titan Ground Control Leveling System on our Pinnacle.

Has anybody install this system on their Jayco 5th Wheel?

When we unhook from our Truck, the Atwood Front Landing gear runs quite slow and sounds like it is going to stall out.

We are looking to get a faster, more stable leveling system than the standard Atwood System Jayco uses.

Any comments or feedback would be great.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #2

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Rob, we just put this system on our 31.5RLTS and all I can say is WOW!! I really like the ease of use and the remote control. No longer have to back into a space check level pull up lay down blocks and do it all again. back in, unhook and start pushing the buttons on the remote. The jacks are much faster than the stock landing gear. I made some pads for the legs to
sit on from doubled up 3/4" plywood, I only use them on non paved surfaces or if the site is so far off level I need the extra lift. The rear legs only have about 10 or 12" of travel but that has been sufficient so far. When the trailer is parked on the side of the house I lift it a few inches, not off the ground but enough to take a significant amount of weight off the wheels and bearings.

When I was in the decision process, I thought about going with the sister product the Lippert Level-up electric version, this is fully automatic but the product manager for this product suggested the Ground Control because it is more flexible in its use. Lippert now owns the Ground Control system but Reico Titan is manufacturing them for Lippert. I'm going to PM you my phone number, feel free to call , I love talking about my Ground Control leveling system.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #3

For $3200.00 I can do it with just my electric drill for now.
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #4

Bill B, Since we fulltime and move around quite a bit, just looking for a quicker more stable landing gear system.

At 40' 4" long it is a long way from the front landing gear to the rear legs, after installing the Reico Titan system rear legs just behind the rear axle assembly, we would still use the rear legs for additional stablilty.

Too many of the campground we stay at require several leveling blocks under tires and such to get our Pinnacle level.

BTW the cost is more like $2500 for the system,
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote