Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #1

Relocating switches, need some info

In my 2017 BHBE, the "control center" contains the switches for the lights over the sink and in the living room. However, this is not convenient for us. So I want to add a switch between the counter and the cabinets to allow for better access. Now I can easily do this I believe. But...... I need your help. I am looking to see if anyone has a set of 3 switches in their unit that look like the below switch but with 3 switches in a row.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Switch.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	32303

Does anyone have one of these 3 gang switches in their unit? If I can get a model, I may be able to order it. Any help is appreciated. I have looked literally everywhere online, but no one has it in BLACK. Thanks.
Aardvarkjff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #2

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-1...=rv+switch+12v
Old 06-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Thanks, but when I checked it out, the height of this switch bezel does not go high enough to cover the screws left by the old more "angular" switch. That is why I am trying to get the same series. I can find it in white everywhere, just not in black. Very frustrating.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #4

Have you tried calling Jayco? They might be able to help......
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #5

Do you have room to add a single switch? My 28dsbh has a double and single. One for the awning lights, one for the main cabin lights and one for the outside plumbing/sewer hookups on the driver's side.

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #6

You should be able to repaint the covers black pretty easy using different kinds of paint that won't peel off easy...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #7

Or maybe buy a double switch like you have already.....sooner or later you might use the 2nd switch.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #8

https://www.jaycorvparts.com/

I saw a white 3 gang one on the list. Paint it any color you want.
TednWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #9

OK, I have found the answer. Burnstine's Distribution. They are a subsidiary of Collins. 1-574-848-1118. They work directly with SIGMA Switches and a bunch of other manufacturers. I contacted the customer rep and send her my picture and told her I wanted a 3 gang (triple) one in black, as well as a double. She got back to me with the exact part and it was only 10.00 for the double and 13.00 for the triple. Mind you this INCLUDES the base plate, bezel and ALL switches. Shipping was 12.00 for 3 day. They sell directly to the public. It is nice to finally get a company who makes things happen without charging me an arm and an leg. Just wanted to pass this on incase anyone else needs any electrical gizmos.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #10

*** Update *** I have changed my mind on how the switches are going to be moved. I am now taking the over-the-sink and living room lights and putting them in the wall by the sink where the under-the-counter light switch is now. Then I am taking the under-the-counter light switch and the awning light switch and moving them above the cabinet door when you first walk in, under the counter top above the fire extinguisher. That way all the main lights are within reach of the counter whether by the door or by the sink, and the awning lights can be accessed from outdoors by opening the door and reaching in. That little command cabinet will only contain the monitor, awning control, and slide control. It is actually real easy to do and just makes it more "ours".