Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #1

Replace 30 amp cord

I want to put in a 30 amp power cord conversion kit. I have heard that some are to small to cover the current hole. I'm looking for a kit that will cover my old plug on my 2012 Jayco 267BHS without seeing the old hole.

2012 Jay Flight Swift 267BHS
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab
Flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
The cheapest and simplest way is to cut the cord to about 3 ft. and install a male 30 amp (still can put it under the trailer out the rain). The left over extension cord install a female 30 amp. and you're done. The extension cord you can coil up nicely and put away. The 3 ft. would not tangle inside the box.

Remember the standard 30 amp blade is still better than many other 30 amps available. Any mass produced cords can have faulty connections and can fail.
I usually cut them off and install ones where I can see the connection is tied.

The best flexible cords are the rubber ones........but pricy.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipside View Post
I want to put in a 30 amp power cord conversion kit. I have heard that some are to small to cover the current hole. I'm looking for a kit that will cover my old plug on my 2012 Jayco 267BHS without seeing the old hole.
I just did this mod. Comes with adapter plates that will cover any existing "mouse" hole. This is the kit I used.
Marinco Parkpower Detachable Power Cord Conversion Kit 30 Amp RV camper 30ARVKIT | eBay
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
The cheapest and simplest way is to cut the cord to about 3 ft. and install a male 30 amp (still can put it under the trailer out the rain). The left over extension cord install a female 30 amp. and you're done. The extension cord you can coil up nicely and put away. The 3 ft. would not tangle inside the box.

Love it!!! Inexpensive and turns your existing pigtail into a 15' extension cord. Solves the main problem I have with the attached power cord, stuffing it back in during breakdown [often wet and dirty] and pulling it out when it is cold, stiff, and tangled. Several of the little feather things that apparently are intended to shield the opening and mold around the cord have broken off during cold weather pulling or stuffing. Cutting it back to 2 or 3 feet is a solution I had never thought of. Three hi fives!!

PS I've used the replacement 30amp connectors and I agree they are well made and every bit as good or better than the OEM. Used a female 30amp connector when I made up my Honda parallel kit so I could plug my TT pigtail to the paired gens.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote