Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2022, 02:10 PM   #181

Just so you know I went from one of the LCD small controllers to the tablet controller. I purchased mine of ebay for like $250ish. But it is just a tablet in a plastic holder with the buttons. As NoFly mentions the power is different however a USB will power any tablet (including the one in the large controller), overall it just has a different plug for the additional buttons.

Here is a thought, that might save some money. I don't know if it needs the tablet application vs a phone. You could try using a phone that is connected to a WiFi and then see if the cloud option shows up when it is also Bluetooth connected to the node in the trailer. You shouldn't need to go into that "special configuration" settings option where you choose the trailer type. Also that info is stored in the node not the controller.

Anyway this might be a good test to try.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:21 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Just so you know I went from one of the LCD small controllers to the tablet controller. I purchased mine of ebay for like $250ish. But it is just a tablet in a plastic holder with the buttons. As NoFly mentions the power is different however a USB will power any tablet (including the one in the large controller), overall it just has a different plug for the additional buttons.

Here is a thought, that might save some money. I don't know if it needs the tablet application vs a phone. You could try using a phone that is connected to a WiFi and then see if the cloud option shows up when it is also Bluetooth connected to the node in the trailer. You shouldn't need to go into that "special configuration" settings option where you choose the trailer type. Also that info is stored in the node not the controller.

Anyway this might be a good test to try.
I tried putting my phone on airplane mode to turn of cellular data and turned on wifi and bluetooth to no avail. It logs an App version in the info area and I think that is how they delineate between a tablet and a cell phone connecting. I will try firing up blue stacks after work on my laptop and see if when that's connected it lets me do it. I don't mind buying the tablet, because if I do I'll mount it somewhere and use it as a secondary control panel. Maybe in the outside kitchen or something so that we can control the awning, outside lights, stabilizers, etc without having to go inside. I don't mind the simple control, and frankly I've filled up my factory area with an inverter switch and the battery monitor for our lithium bank, so if I can get connectivity to check on the RV remotely (battery status, AC status, etc) I would gladly leave the other controller in place.

Part of me also wonders if it's verifying tablet in another way. When I get a tablet on hand that'll run it these are the testing steps I'm going to take. Connect the tablet as is to the bluetooth and see if it gives me the setting. If not, choose the other option for setting it up as a controller. Finally, if neither of those work I will unplug the existing control and see if that enables the tablet to take the master role.

I also went down the rabbit hole with some other projects you all have done with getting the solar and inverter to talk to the controller. I'm going to do some research on if mine can be linked to it. I did also find the tankless water heater option in my settings after clicking 5 times, so this is something I'm interested in as a tankless unit is on our short list of future upgrades.
mpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot View Post
Confirmed Tablet won't work because it's stuck at Android OS 5 and needs to be at least 6 to run the Jay Command app. Apparently a 6 year old tablet is outdated...who knew? I'm kidding...didn't realize it was that old, so no surprise it won't run any of the newer stuff. I did find people that were able to load 6 and 7 roms, but apparently it makes the tablet unusable because of the lack of storage/ram. I'll find another use for it perhaps, so back in the drawer it goes.

I might go buy a newer tablet just to see what happens and if it doesn't work return it. I'm consulting with the family CFO right now about this previously unbudgeted technology purchase haha.
Haha... You just let the "CFO" know that's it's an "essential" piece of equipment durning these times of a pandemic! .....

Besides, to just look on FB market place... Their all over the place and cheap!

Let us know what you come up with and how it works out
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:31 PM   #184

Okay...so for anyone not getting the cloud menu I did find out how to get that going. I unpaired my phone and then repaired my device, but instead of choosing the unit I actually have (LCD display) I chose the touchscreen controller. I now have the option on my phone. It does tell me that it must be setup on my system control panel located in the RV. I need to figure out how to setup a tablet as the system control panel now.

I haven't gotten to that next step of seeing how to get remote control of the device, but I'm getting a step closer. Still think I need a tablet to function as the gateway through to the device, so once I get that I'll try cloud control and report back.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:52 PM   #185

Outstanding news!.... Your now turning onto "final" from the downwind!.. Good job! We're standing by.
Old 11-03-2022, 03:36 PM   #186

Okay another question before I go any farther down this rabbit hole. Is the winegard the only way that it will connect to the internet or can you connect it to any wifi device (ie hotspot). I was reading through another thread and it made it sound like it had to go through the winegard plus (we have the OTA part installed but not the wifi booster module). If I'm needing to buy something to get the display going and the winegard wifi/modem module I'll move on to another option for remote monitoring.
Old 11-03-2022, 03:50 PM   #187

Don't get the winegard..... It's useless! You can connect it to any hotspot or WiFi... The winegard reduces your speed by 50%.... I've gone through this with winegard over and over on how their system reduces the speed of the WiFi it receives.. They just explain that it's the "middle man" and their there's going to be a loss.... When we were at home, we had Internet speeds from the ISP around 25-45mb/s.... The winegard would reduce it to 16mb/s and they thought that was acceptable.... WTH?..

Just use the hotspot on your phone while your in the rig, out buy a standalone hotspot dedicated to the rig, so you can always control everything (except awning and jacks) while on the cloud..
Old 11-03-2022, 05:03 PM   #188

I've got two hotspots that are exclusive to the RV and one that travels with me, so I'm good there. If I used the winegard for anything it would be bootlegging the antenna booster plugs and the power to run through my own hotspot. There are times it would be nice to get a little better signal without having to run the yagi up a pole. We've got two different ways to grab park wifi and rebroadcast too in the rare event we're at a campground with good wifi. I'm going to keep going down the rabbit hole now to try and figure this out.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:24 PM   #189

Yeah, the air TV antenna in the winegard does work good... But the WiFi repeater just sucks. You should be totally set with the hotspots you have!

Just know the winegard is a repeater (which sucks), but if you add a sim, it'll be standalone WiFi through cellular (and yes, it still sucks). But... Just know that it only works with AT&T and Verizon. We have FirstNet (military version of AT&T) but the winegard doesn't work with their sim.... Figures!
Old 11-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #190

This Jayco forum is off the charts, you guys are wizards. The forest river forum is seriously crickets. Appreciate y’all!
JayLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:48 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLo View Post
This Jayco forum is off the charts, you guys are wizards. The forest river forum is seriously crickets. Appreciate y’all!
...... Welcome to the other side!!!
Old 11-03-2022, 09:41 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFly View Post
...... Welcome to the other side!!!
You misspelled better.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:00 PM   #193

;
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot View Post
You misspelled better.

Didn't want to be pretentious
Old 11-21-2022, 10:20 AM   #194

BMpro not working

I have a 2021 Jayco Eagle travel trailer 330RSTS with a BMpro Jaycommand and the BMpro is not working. I have charged my batteries on the camper, hooked up to house current and none of the buttons or screen is working. I have electric to rest of the camper but nothing on the BMPro.

I did a hard reboot and still nothing.
Kmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:00 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeilleur View Post
I have a 2021 Jayco Eagle travel trailer 330RSTS with a BMpro Jaycommand and the BMpro is not working. I have charged my batteries on the camper, hooked up to house current and none of the buttons or screen is working. I have electric to rest of the camper but nothing on the BMPro.

I did a hard reboot and still nothing.
It definitely sounds like you have no power going to the monitor.

First, you'll need to look at the node to see if the wires to the monitor are plugged into the board completely. If they are, then take a volt meter to test where the monitor plugs into the pigtail (take the monitor off the wall).

Report back with your findings
Old 11-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #196

Can you control anything from your phone if it is paired up with the JayCommand? If so your main node is working and powered but the controller is not happy right now.

If you cannot, and if you know where the main node is, try connecting the voltmeter to its power sources as well.

Always double and triple check the battery disconnect to make sure its fully on.

Then double check all fuses and if you have access to the back side of the battery disconnect make sure that a "auto reset" breaker has not tripped and just not tripped back on.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:43 AM   #197

OK we checked the batteries with the voltmeter, plugged into the house current have 13.6 v in the batteries, checked the fuses all look good.

Tonight we are going to try to locate the command center under the pass thru, and what is CAN? Jayco said to check the CAN plug,and where do you check for the power coming in?
Old 11-22-2022, 10:29 AM   #198

CAN is in reference to the CAN-BUS that is how some of the components would communicate to each other. This is almost identical to a car's CAN-BUS and how problems and information is detected and shared. There are two plugs on the node, I don't believe that the controller connects over one of these, but it could be some form of one. Either way the main node should have power and if so things should work, at least from a phone.

Do any of your separate light switches work? (mine has the controller switches/buttons but also has "real" separate ones as well next to it for the lights.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:41 PM   #199

Only lights that work are the toggle lights. All the lights that are controled on the controller do not work.

Jayco mentioned to check the CAN plugs. Is there any other fuses to check other than what is on the fuse panel in the camper?

And I did have the cloud on my phone and now it has disappeared??

I am incline to believe it is the Main Node under the camper. That is going to be checked tonight.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeilleur View Post
Only lights that work are the toggle lights. All the lights that are controled on the controller do not work.

Jayco mentioned to check the CAN plugs. Is there any other fuses to check other than what is on the fuse panel in the camper?

And I did have the cloud on my phone and now it has disappeared??

I am incline to believe it is the Main Node under the camper. That is going to be checked tonight.
K,

Did you ever take the monitor off the wall to check the plug behind it, to make sure it's plugged in?

When you find the node in the basement, look for any green lights blinking... That will indicate there's power going to the node.

Can you take a pic of the node and post it here as well, so we all know what version we're dealing with.

Thanks.

Tags
24bh, bluetooth, bmpro, jaycommand, tablet