Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2023, 12:19 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Unfortunately its the older tablets that will work and its getting harder to find them. You will have to scour ebay, Target, Walmart etc.. for some older 7" tablets but make sure that the power port is in the right place and type, or some modification will be needed on the JayCommand housing.

With that being said a iPad or any other tablet will also work and provide same functionality just not inside the main case.

Also watch ebay, they sell on there every now and then for around $250ish.
What exactly is it about the newer tablets (other than charging port) that wouldn't allow this to work? The app is downloaded from the play store and installed onto the OEM tablet anyway.
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #222

If one is wanting to mount the tablet, you could just use command strips on the back of it.? The board the charging cable comes from could just be located in the hole the wires from the node....
Old 03-17-2023, 12:36 PM   #223

Its the charging port location and type. They have changed almost everything to a USB C port, so to go from the mini/micro to USB C you need a converter and those are a bit bulky. If you have the tools and know how you could probably solder a new cable on to make it more OEM like.

Other than that any cheap tablet should work if its the right dimensions.

Personally I have a spare Hyundai tablet that I got for $40 from Target, but it is USB C. Everything else is identical. Oh and it has cellular for its own internet connection without needing WiFi.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:44 PM   #224

Ok.. Thanks Tom... That's what I was thinking. It really shouldn't matter on the tablet, as long as you can change (or use adapter) for charging of the tablet and data back to the node.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:56 PM   #225

Correct, technically you dont even need the buttons on the controller faceplate. But they do sure come in handy when the tablet is acting up!

Heck I didnt know until recently that the #4 on mine turned the water pump on and off... Made the DW happy as our old LCD screen controller had that button and she hated having to swipe through screens on the tablet or phone.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:28 PM   #226

I only have 3 hard buttons on mine... Nonetheless, even if you'd use a different tablet, the hard buttons could still be used, if something was designed to hold that board and buttons to a location... With some simple searching on Amazon, I'm sure I could find a circuit board cradle that could hold it.... Hmm... Something new to customize lol
Old 03-19-2023, 10:17 PM   #227

I tried the M7. It’s the right plug in but actually way smaller. The one that comes with the unit is actually larger than 7 inches. Going to have to try and figure out another solution.

I know phones and other tablets will work and that’s how we are doing it now I just want the main unit to look nice and work. We paid too much money for this crap to not be functional and I’m not paying $600 for a $30 tablet.
Brendon105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:20 PM   #228

Btw. Don’t you need the buttons on the button to pair the tablet? If it falls off of Bluetooth and loses connection how do you pair it again? Is there another method?
Old 03-19-2023, 11:29 PM   #229

Brendon, that is a very good question on the buttons to pair. I know that is the normal process, however, if you go into the app and click the gear, then go to Bluetooth option, it should give you the option to pair the tablet right from the app. Although I haven't tried that with the main tablet personally.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:52 AM   #230

there are instruction on how to pair with out buttons..look it up on BmPro website

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:40 AM   #231

Fix

Update for everyone and I hope people can easily find this but my controller is now back up and running. I took apart the housing, got the iPad out and then took apart the tablet to access the battery. I then ordered 3-4 batteries that matched the size and specs of the current battery and 1-2 slightly upgraded batteries. Used the upgraded option first and the tablet immediately came to life. Put it all back together and it’s running great. For anyone having these issues it’s just a bad battery. Swapped it out for $10. Don’t pay $600 for a new unit.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:09 AM   #232

Nice solution! You said you took the "ipad" apart?? Are you running an iPad on your rig? It's an Android that came stock on these systems. Did you change the charge cable that comes from the control board behind the tablet then?
Old 03-26-2023, 11:02 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon105 View Post
Update for everyone and I hope people can easily find this but my controller is now back up and running. I took apart the housing, got the iPad out and then took apart the tablet to access the battery. I then ordered 3-4 batteries that matched the size and specs of the current battery and 1-2 slightly upgraded batteries. Used the upgraded option first and the tablet immediately came to life. Put it all back together and it’s running great. For anyone having these issues it’s just a bad battery. Swapped it out for $10. Don’t pay $600 for a new unit.

Hi thanks for posting your fix
Can you tell us what battery worked for you ?
Geo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:13 AM   #234

I don't know which one he used, but this one was used successfully in another thread.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTR3BZ4...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 03-27-2023, 12:04 PM   #235

thanks Jetlag
Geo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:21 PM   #236

My pleasure, let us know how it goes for you. Mine goes out once in a while, but so far it has come back lol.
Old 06-26-2023, 02:55 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobdeep View Post
The last of three Christmas week mods.

I snagged a JayCommand controller board model RVMC101B rev 13B on eBay for cheap. The controller board worked fine but the Android tablet did not.

I picked up a Lenovo Tab E7 TB-7104F which has the same dimensions as the factory tablet.

Thor RV part number RVMC101B.
Jayco RV part number 2027290.
gobdeep or TomC_AZ, or anyone else that has successfully swapped the smaller display for the touchscreen controller, what model of node do you have? My node is the RVMN50/14B.

I picked up one of the RVMC101B controller's as well. The tablet works but the buttons and seven segment display on the bottom do not light up or respond at all. Jayco customer service said the controller is a direct replacement for the small display so the controller should work just plugging it in to the CAN-BUS/RV-C cord that the display used, but that is as far as I got for help from them. I submitted a support request to BMPro a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten any response.

I was able to connect the tablet to wifi and download it's updates. I also updated the firmware on my node using the Jaycommand app on my phone. So I think I have everything up to date. When I try to run the Jaycommand up on the controller, the first thing it does is ask to pair the controller to the node using the buttons. Although I probably didn't spend enough time doing it, I did stumble around in the bluetooth settings and tried to manually pair the controller tablet, but didn't find the node or how to put the node into pairing mode.

Do you remember doing anything special to get the buttons to work when you replaced the display with the touch screen controller/tablet? Or know how to put the node into pairing mode so the bluetooth from the tablet will see it without the button press pairing mode?

Thanks!
ems437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:21 AM   #238

https://teambmpro.com/wp-content/upl...-Lite-v1.0.pdf

Maybe this will help.
Old 06-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by armentaaw View Post
No luck. I can pair the controller tablet with my phone, but the node never shows up as pairable on the controller tablet when I search for it from the Bluetooth app. So I think I’m missing something that puts the node into pairing mode.

It pairs ok using the buttons on the smaller display that I’m trying to replace. But no joy pairing a controller. I also got a replacement controller and it behaves the same way.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:40 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems437 View Post
No luck. I can pair the controller tablet with my phone, but the node never shows up as pairable on the controller tablet when I search for it from the Bluetooth app. So I think I’m missing something that puts the node into pairing mode.

It pairs ok using the buttons on the smaller display that I’m trying to replace. But no joy pairing a controller. I also got a replacement controller and it behaves the same way.
Got it. BMPro support responded and said to disconnect the trailer battery so that the node is power cycled. The touchscreen controller must be connected to the node cable when the node powers up for the touchscreen buttons to be recognized and work. That did the trick.

After power cycling the node with the new touchscreen controller connected, it powered right up, the buttons worked, the tablet paired, and the app recognized and controls everything.

It also gave me the option to create the cloud account. So I’m off and running!

Tags
24bh, bluetooth, bmpro, jaycommand, tablet