Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2022, 05:59 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCampingDudes View Post
I am going to do this as well and I have a question. When you got your Lenovo tablet all fixed up did you have to do anything to pair it to the Bluetooth or did it automatically pair when you plugged it in?
I put the hardware device in pair mode (PA) and connected the JayCommand app on the tablet to the hardware device. The plug is only for a power supply to the tablet, no data flows over the cable.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:32 AM   #122

Anyone has been able to add the GP solar controller withot an unused RVC port? I have a Eagle HT 24RE and the leveling system is using the second CAN port. Looks like I would need the daisy chain the solar controller with the leveling system, but not sure wher to add the terminaton resistor ?

Anyone here having pictures of an OEM solar controller connected to the node ?

Thanks
Dineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:36 AM   #123

Do you have two CAN ports and one of them has the resistor in it? If you have a second device, you can remove the resistor plug and add the second RV-C device to the second port.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:37 AM   #124

Have they told you where to get the RVC cable ?
Old 06-27-2022, 08:41 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dineau View Post
Have they told you where to get the RVC cable ?
I made my own, but I think somewhere in this thread was the part number for the cable.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:42 AM   #126

Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Very cool, I was wondering what those other mounts were for on the wall by the temp sensor.

As for the hole in the wall put a pic of the family over it or mount a small mirror. Every time you look at the mirror you will know what is behind it and the work involved!

I know this is a little late but I found these part numbers and some pricing from local dealers. Would have saved some time for the cable creation.
0340943 20' four pin cable - none available - $64.28
0343203 35' four pin cable - none available - $82.74
Old 06-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #127

See the Node picture and the leveling system controller

The yellow jacket wire is the one going to the leveling controller
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3270.PNG   IMG_3269.PNG  
Old 06-27-2022, 08:51 AM   #128

Quote:
See the Node picture and the leveling system controller

The yellow jacket wire is the one going to the leveling controller
Can you get a bigger picture of the leveling controller? It is my understanding that RV-C only needs two wires to operate CAN-HIGH and CAN-LOW with positive power and negative power not needed if the device is powered via it's own power supply. I think that is what I am seeing on your leveling system but I can't tell due to picture size.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...r-92422-6.html
Old 06-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #129

I guess the black plug is the termination resistor ?

try #3
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3265.jpg  
Old 06-27-2022, 09:22 AM   #130

Quote:
I guess the black plug is the termination resistor ?

try #3
Perfect and yup, two wire. Look at this post to figure out which wires are being used currently between the leveler and the JayCommand then you'll know how to wire the new setup.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ml#post1046216
Old 06-27-2022, 09:31 AM   #131

[QUOTE=gobdeep;1057244]Perfect and yup, two wire. Look at this post to figure out which wires are being used currently between the leveler and the JayCommand then you'll know how to wire the new setup.

Does this means that I:
1. remove the black plug from the leveling controller,
2. connect a wire in that spot that will go the the charge controller (CAN H/L)
3. insert the termination resistor in the empty spot on the GP Charge controller

Des this make sense ?
Old 06-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #132

Interested in your setup. Please keep us posted once you've completed everything, I would like to do the same on our HT 284bhok.
gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:55 AM   #133

Yes that makes sense, but do not insert the termination plug on the GoPower device.

The GoPower MPPT solar controller is a four-pin data+electrical connector whereas your leveling jack is a two-pin data only x two outlets. If you put that two-pin jumper on the GoPower device you'll most likely bridge positive and CAN LOW or negative and CAN HIGH resulting in a short and fried circuit board.

That was a lengthy way of saying I don't think you'll need the jumper, but your mileage may vary. In my experience, I only needed the jumper at the end of the loop and since the GoPower device ended the loop for me, I didn't need the jumper.

@NoFly and @TomC_AZ - thoughts?
Old 06-27-2022, 11:19 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobdeep View Post

I only needed the jumper at the end of the loop and since the GoPower device ended the loop for me, I didn't need the jumper.
Not sure I understand, you are saying it's only needed at the end of the loop, and your GP ended the loop, so where did you put the jumper.

The way I understand this, is that the termination jumper is most likely required for better communication and stability of the data on the CANBUS, so without we may experience issues
Old 06-27-2022, 11:29 AM   #135

Once I removed it from the JayCommand/BMPro device, I put it in my workshop in a drawer. Everything is functioning normally for me.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:48 AM   #136

gdumas01, i saw on another thread that you asked for the BMPro tech support number. in case you haven't gotten it, this is the number i used a couple of times back in May when we first picked up our rig - 574-322-4934. the tech was very helpful. unfortunately, BMPro may have stopped offering customer support on the phone. last week my controller and phone both stopped working and communicating. i called numerous times and kept getting a voicemail message telling me to submit a ticket and they would get back to me. here it is 5 days later and no response. luckily, 6 hrs later the controller once again allowed me to access the system to adjust the AC (which did continue to operate thank goodness as it was 95 deg outside) and check the tanks, etc. I don't know what would have happened if it was a travel day. would the landing gear operate with the pad in the basement? how could we have closed the slides/awnings?
really, no response from tech support!!? fortunately, a forum member offered a tip to resolve my BT re-pairing issue - turn on location. now to address the cloud not connecting when BT is out of range. sorry, not intending to hijack thread. just saw that gdumas01 posted recently here. good luck all.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:18 AM   #137

Quote:
Yes that makes sense, but do not insert the termination plug on the GoPower device.

The GoPower MPPT solar controller is a four-pin data+electrical connector whereas your leveling jack is a two-pin data only x two outlets. If you put that two-pin jumper on the GoPower device you'll most likely bridge positive and CAN LOW or negative and CAN HIGH resulting in a short and fried circuit board.

That was a lengthy way of saying I don't think you'll need the jumper, but your mileage may vary. In my experience, I only needed the jumper at the end of the loop and since the GoPower device ended the loop for me, I didn't need the jumper.

@NoFly and @TomC_AZ - thoughts?
Gobdeep you said it the best way possible...+ or - where it's not intended will result in "PUFF go's the circuit board"...

One thing I've been looking into lately is the option to get rid of the GP gear.

I've now gone down the rabbit hole of using Victron: MultiPlus-2 3000watt inverter, 100/50 MPPT Solar controller, Smart Shunt, Bus Smart Dongle, along with Rich Solar panels.

Going this route appears to be more cost effective, along with having wireless connectivity to the solar system. The only thing i need to work out yet, is if I can connect any of this to the JayCommand so I can monitor it remotely. If this can't be done, well, at least I'll be able to monitor it trough my phone while I'm at my rig.

@gobdeep @TomC_AZ Thoughts on this mess?
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:21 AM   #138

RE: Dineau's request - thanks for confirming for me.

RE: Victron - Look at you ditching BMPro and blazing your own trail! :-)

Have you already purchased all of the gear or are still researching? If the latter, review ALL of the whitepapers, etc. to ensure interoperability. No idea if it will work with Jaycommand, it is probably coded for their gear only.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:39 AM   #139

Quote:
RE: Dineau's request - thanks for confirming for me.

RE: Victron - Look at you ditching BMPro and blazing your own trail! :-)

Have you already purchased all of the gear or are still researching? If the latter, review ALL of the whitepapers, etc. to ensure interoperability. No idea if it will work with Jaycommand, it is probably coded for their gear only.
Right now I'm still in the planning phase so I don't waste time and money buying what I don't need. The way I see it, GP told me I would need to upgrade to their Bluetooth MPPT controller to get it to work with the JayCommand system....well, if that's the case, hopefully I can do that with Victron's Bluetooth MPPT.

BMPro is a stand-alone product that just works with the GP solar system. Their not really configured as a "single product", so with that, "Where there's a will, there's a way" .....I'll definitely be updating my setup status on here..
NoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:17 PM   #140

UPDATE: My dealer wanted 160$ for the OEM Jayco cable so I decided to order the TE connectors and will be wiring my own cable to connect the BMPro to the GP MPPT solar charge controller.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Tags
24bh, bluetooth, bmpro, jaycommand, tablet