Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #1

Sewer Hose Storage Mod.

My 2010 Jayfeather has the storage compartment built into the side of the unit.For some reason ,the storage pipe/container was too short for many of the newer Flex hoses.I went to local plumbing /elec distributor and bought an additional length of pipe along with a coupling and end cap.After removing the 4 screws that hold the exterior entry,and carefully cutting the sealer behind,the unit should simply slide out.I use poly seam seal to re seal.BE AWARE,standard 4'' PVC pipe is too thick for this job.YOU NEED ,tthin walled 4''pipe that is often used for drainage and conduit purposes.Be sure to measure the INSIDE diameter of the pipe to be purchased and compae with the inside of the original equipt.This mistake cost me a few bucks.In addition,many have posted about their hoses not fitting their home made bumper storage containes and need to cut down parts of the hose fitting.Ifyou shop for the thin walled 4'' pipe I fore mentioned,you should elimate the need to custom fit you pipe.I appreciate all these forums .Happy Camping.
mikesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #2

Same here; tomorrow I'm going see if I can expand the length and diameter of the sewer hose storage tube, as you have.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #3

Not workable for me, as longer tube would extend into my underbunk storage area. That is where we will be putting the cat litter box now that I have cut a "cat door" in the bathroom wall.

Yesterday I was browsing at CW and saw a sewage hose that allows end fittings to slip on, thus keeping the same diameter as the sewer hose. This will allow storage in the present tube my TT has. Although there is still the problem of tube lenght so for the time being I am going to keep my same set up.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote