Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2021, 01:31 PM   #1

Solar Generator and Roof Top Panels

This group is awesome and I want to get some additional ideas on a some modifications I want to make.

Current setup is 3x100 watt renogy roof top panels wired to their mppt controller which is connected to the house batteries (2x6v Cart Batteries).

I recently purchased the Bluetti 200max and would like to be able to use the roof top panels for charging it.

I have a couple of thoughts I like opinions on:

1 install an anderson connector such that I can have the bluetti inside and just connect it to the solar directly by putting the wires in the same port on the mppt charger so the blutti and renogy controller are in parallel with each other. I know that means both the house and the generator would charge at a slower pace. Not sure if thats a bad idea though.... Is there something I should be knowing and don't that makes that bad?

2. Install a dual battery switch in the compartment with the mppt and select which one is connected to the panels

3. Just connect the 12volt input of the bluetti directly to the house batteries and let the house batteries charge the generator while they get charged from the panels

4. Some option I can't think of that all of you might know. Whats a slick idea you have working already and what did you do or want to do?
mrSethTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 10:57 AM   #2

I have the Jackery 500 here. Run my diesel heater off it for the RTT. Also have the 100w solar panel. Everything works great.
Rihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:19 PM   #3

Class C here - in addition to what you've mentioned, we're also thinking to install a sleeve from the outside compartment where the power cord exits and is stored, back inside, so can pull the power cord back inside and plug the motorhome directly into the Bluetti, while it is inside the camper. AC300 + BS300's are a bit hard on the back to move around, particularly if it's raining outside!
1985 Champion SuperFisher
Mjliss is offline   Reply With Quote