Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2020, 03:28 PM   #1

Stackable washer/dryer 2020 Jayco 336FBOK

I'm getting ready to install a Splendide stackable washer/dryer ( with lots of help from our SIL) in our 2020 Jayco 336FBOK. I've taken the shelving and false floor out, placed the drip pan and routed the drain hose. I used a section of garden hose for the drain. So far it's been relatively easy, the difficult part was getting the drain hose routed to the front of the basement. I drilled a hole to push the hose through the lower part of the basement floor to the outside. I put a small piece of aluminum window screen over the hose to keep nasties outside. Tomorrow the big fun begins, getting the almost 150# washer up the steps inside, up the stairs and into place. I think the dryer will be easier as it is much lighter.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200508_50133.jpg   IMG_20200508_8758.jpg   IMG_20200508_40891.jpg   IMG_20200508_1409.jpg   IMG_20200508_49242.jpg  

IMG_20200508_59864.jpg  
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #2

Why didn't you use the drain that goes to the tank?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

The drain I put in is only for the drain pan in case of a leak. I should have made that clearer.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
The drain I put in is only for the drain pan in case of a leak. I should have made that clearer.
Don't confuse an old man that way.....
Old 05-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #5

Grumpy, I confuse myself many times. Lol.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:09 AM   #6

Lol, I will be following closely to this tread, so I don't see where you are going to drill the 4" hole in the side for your vent.

Where did you get the drip pan from?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:57 AM   #7

Big1, here is a pic of the panel from the drip pan. I ordered it from CW, there guy I spoke with here said it's is usually a stock item there. The dryer vent hole is going somewhere near where I'm pointing in the pic above.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200509_57933.jpg  
Old 05-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #8

Oh I got you okay and thank you I'm so excited for you because this is what I want to do also as you know. I sent Jayco CS an email and they sent me all of the diagrams that I needed to make sure that I don't hit any studs. I also had them to send me a diagram for my cable hook up, my sat in my living room don't work too well with Dish so I wanted to see how many splitters. It look like that I can go behind my tv and take that sat cable off of the splitter and go directly to the cable.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #9

First off a huge shout out to my SIL, who happens to be a general contractor, so if you don't have one of those in your tool kit I highly recommend getting one. Lol. The pics are pretty much self explanatory and I don't want anyone to think was easy, but if you take your time and work logically it goes pretty smoothly. We took the packaging off if both units in our driveway, right outside the camper door. Use the template they provide in the stacking kit and carefully drill the holes, DO NOT DRILL DEEP! You will likely need to adjust these brackets to get the units to line up perfectly, it is much easier to do this outside, then remove the dryer and carry the washer into the camper. Once inside where it is going, remember to remove the four bolts used to stabilize the drum during shipping. I definitely recommend leaving the drip pan unattached from the floor until you have test fitted the washer and double checked how it fits side to side, and front to back as well leaving room to work to attach the hoses and main drain. We were golden in where I had initially placed the pan, but it would have been easy to put in to far one way or the other. After test fitting we removed the washer, screwed the drip pan into place, put a little sealer over each screw head, and replaced the washer and made all those wet connections. We ran the washer in a quick cycle to allow for checking connections for leaks before the dryer came in. At this point we carefully determined exactly where we were drilling the 4"dryer vent hole. As I mentioned in another post about this if you can look at your unit from the outside on a cool morning it will show you where the supports inside the walls are located. I think I have a pic of this somewhere, but it is a place to start, as there was no sticker inside showing where to drill. I also have an inexpensive stud finder that has a "deep" setting that further confirmed our observations. We drilled through the inside wall until the pilot bit came through the outside, then went outside, covered the area in blue painters tape to help prevent tearing the fiberglass and finished the hole. Getting the dryer inside was way easier than the washer as it weighs about 80# less. In the space we had to work with we were able to set the dryer on the washer turn it so we could access the vent and make those connections, we then placed the dryer and secured the stacking kit. I had taken the bedroom door off, don't even try this without doing that, there is, at most, 1/2" clearance with it off. The washer is HEAVY, get some quality help! Sorry for this being so long winded. There was an issue after we were all finished but that'll be the next post.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200509_42310.jpg   IMG_20200509_23159.jpg   IMG_20200509_19731.jpg   IMG_20200509_54853.jpg   IMG_20200509_57233.jpg  

IMG_20200509_6998.jpg   IMG_20200509_11767.jpg   IMG_20200509_5159.jpg  
Old 05-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #10

How did you secure the washer machine drain hose so it doesn't pop out!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #11

Yeah, that's a good question, this is right on I would say so now I feel confident that I can do it myself. In all of my search online theirs not too many in-depth info on how to install a washer and dryer.

I could see on where you took that pics of the outside, you where able to see where the stubs are at, my fiver is kept about 15 miles away and I guess that I would have to get up and go out to see any studs.

But anyway they sent me a diagram to go by but still I will use a deep studs finder and if I can go out in the morning to see if I can see the outside.

This is the diagram they sent me, this is right on I ask the dealer how much they charge to just install the vent, just the vent kit and they told me $380 plus tax so about $420 dollars just to install the vent kit, lol.

It look good AndyO.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0090840_J_1-3_110818.pdf (393.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #12

Al, there is a grey plastic "elbow" that came with the washer. The hose clips into it and that elbow is screwed to the square trim in the corner. It is the picture, just a little hard to see as it's exactly the same color as the hose. Big1 just get some strong help. The washer is 148# alone. Cutting the hole was stressful, but with what we saw and found, we were fairly confident we were safe. Certainly worth $400 to DIY, I always say better my pocket than theirs. The issue I mentioned at the end was when the washer drained it shares a common pipe with the shower drain, they join at the wall under the shower. Well the shower drain goes down into an immediate 90°toward the wall, whoever assembled our unit only glued one end of the 90°so now I am having to figure out how to fix that little snafu. Thought we had it fixed with some pipe dope, but when I went out later it was still dripping.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
Al, there is a grey plastic "elbow" that came with the washer. The hose clips into it and that elbow is screwed to the square trim in the corner. It is the picture, just a little hard to see as it's exactly the same color as the hose.
Perfect!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
This is the diagram they sent me, this is right on I ask the dealer how much they charge to just install the vent, just the vent kit and they told me $380 plus tax so about $420 dollars just to install the vent kit, lol.
It look good AndyO.
Big1, Valley RV is outrageous and I don't trust any of their installations.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #15

Well, sir, you got that right I was thinking that maybe, just maybe that they would cut me some slack but I guess not, this is why I have been doing my research.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #16

Brand new member here... specifically looking for this great detail!
Couple questions for you...
Would it have fit without removing the false floor? Or is that a required step? How hard is it to remove that floor if absolutely necessary?
Also, I have a sticker in the lower right of that closet that marks where I need to drill my dryer vent hose... I’m surprised yours wasn’t marked.
jhndere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #17

It would fit without removing the false floor, but IMHO it is far more secure after removing it. The false floor is held up by three vertical pieces of 1/2" plywood. It is very easy to remove particularly since you will be removing the shelving anyway, just a few more screws. I saved the shelving and screws and still find uses for them on other projects in the camper. Do not trust the placement of that sticker without independent confirmation, many on here have stated they found they would have hit seams outside or framework within the walls if they hadn't checked first. If you email Jayco customer service you might get them to send you a wall layout showing where the structural supports are. I will also suggest coming up with a way to support the top of the dryer so it won't tip out. I didn't and am working to resolve this issue now. It is a project, get yourself some strong help! I'll help any way I can. Good luck!

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
Old 08-12-2020, 05:33 AM   #18

Great input. Thanks again.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:52 AM   #19

AndyO, did you use the floor brackets also? Did you just drill them into the drain pan? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #20

Sorry for the delay in replying, yes I used the floor brackets and screwed them into the pan using sealant on each one.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider