Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehound View Post
Thats cool! What size batteries do you use? What is the battery life with moderate sound levels?

I use a large Kinetik HC1800 and I have ran this system for over 12hr pretty much full blast 3/4 of the time floating a river. The system is ran by a Fusion audio head unit (used in large boats) and a JL audio 400w digital amp pushing 8 Polk audio 6x9's and LED's. This setup also has a wifi router installed for controlling the head unit with an iPad/iPhone.

Kinetik HC1800 1900A High Current Power Cell Car Audio Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MLZURG..._lOh1xbMHAPRRK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chickeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #22

Stereo Mods

Quote:
Kicker makes a portable splashproof outdoor speaker called the Bullfrog Jump. Looks like they sell a lot of them.

Bullfrog Jump | KICKERÂ[emoji768]

Another good Bluetooth speaker to use is the UE Boom2. I have one and can hear it all over my 2 story house and it's about the size of a tallboy beer can.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickeneye View Post
I use a large Kinetik HC1800 and I have ran this system for over 12hr pretty much full blast 3/4 of the time floating a river. The system is ran by a Fusion audio head unit (used in large boats) and a JL audio 400w digital amp pushing 8 Polk audio 6x9's and LED's. This setup also has a wifi router installed for controlling the head unit with an iPad/iPhone.

Kinetik HC1800 1900A High Current Power Cell Car Audio Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MLZURG..._lOh1xbMHAPRRK

Thanks for responding. I bet that sounds amazing.. That's great battery life for what you are running. Sounds a wee heavy hence the wheels?? I am a sound junkie myself, designing, installing pro sound in school gyms and auditoriums.

I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread, its just very interesting to see how others put their skills to use.

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickeneye View Post
Another good Bluetooth speaker to use is the UE Boom2. I have one and can hear it all over my 2 story house and it's about the size of a tallboy beer can.

That's Cool. Wireless speakers sure have come a long way over the recent years and seem to be getting better. I have a small Audio Source wireless brick I use, battery life not as good but its decent. I will check into this one.

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Thanks for responding. I bet that sounds amazing.. That's great battery life for what you are running. Sounds a wee heavy hence the wheels?? I am a sound junkie myself, designing, installing pro sound in school gyms and auditoriums.

I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread, its just very interesting to see how others put their skills to use.

Thank you yeah it's not light about 230 lbs I usually mount it on the back of my jeep or in the back of my jeep.