Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #1

Storage

I want more storage in my 21FBS Jayco White Hawk. If I put a cabinet above the toilet in the bathroom, how would I attach it to the rear wall?
Iggy1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

I assume you mean a cabinet for towels, wash clothes, etc. and not a medicine cabinet? You'll have to use the studs in the wall. I've heard people say that stud finders don't work. Mine works great for finding the studs. I just wouldn't mount anything heavy. I believe your wall is the back of your camper, so it'll hop and bounce being in the rear of the TT. Good luck!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #3

You can also contact Jayco Customer Service with your model and VIN. I know that people have contacted them and they will send you the roof plans when people are doing things like installing a vent or solar panels and wiring diagrams for troubleshooting. I would imagine they have the wall plans as well and send them out. It might not be 100% accurate but should be 95%.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #4

Storage

Thank you. I'll try the stud finder. The unit is in an RV Park so it won't be moved for sometime.
Iggy1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #5

I have a 21FBS and the biggest thing I did to increase storage was to add shelving in those cabinets beside the bed. I'd prefer a cabinet too on that wall but I settled for some command hooks that hold containers that hold things. Something a lot of people use are those hanging shoe bags where you could stuff towels, etc into.
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaneta View Post
I have a 21FBS and the biggest thing I did to increase storage was to add shelving in those cabinets beside the bed. I'd prefer a cabinet too on that wall but I settled for some command hooks that hold containers that hold things. Something a lot of people use are those hanging shoe bags where you could stuff towels, etc into.
What kind of shelving did you install.
lfcave is offline   Reply With Quote