Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2016, 10:35 PM   #1

Storage bay fridge power switch

We have a 2015 28 DSBH with the little fridge in the driver side front storage area. Has anyone installed a power switch to turn the fridge on/off. Seems like a waste of electricity when it's empty to leave it running.
nowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:50 AM   #2

The setting switch to make it cooler or warmer doesn't allow it to shut off? Not near mine to know (plus I just pulled it home for the first time Friday)
Levinehikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #3

Storage bay fridge power switch

>The setting switch to make it cooler >or warmer doesn't allow it to shut >off? Not near mine to know (plus I >just pulled it home for the first time >Friday)

Nope. I asked my dealer, also. That temperature setting switch is kind of Mickey-mouse too

I was thinking if I can figure out how to get to the power for the fridge I could install an AC switch. I'm open for suggestions and ideas!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #4

The fridge is plugged into a standard outlet behind the unit. Mine is hidden under a flap of paneling. I plugged in a 3 ft HD extension that has a 3 plug female end into the outlet behind the fridge and then ran it thru a 1 1/2' hole in the paneling along the side of the fridge and plugged the fridge into the extension. To turn it off I just unplug it. You can also use the extra plugin slots for other 110 items like a battery charger etc. I call this red neck engineering.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #5

Amesome! If the weather cooperates I'll run out to the storage yard, crawl into the front storage, and look for the outlet. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2016, 07:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowait View Post
Amesome! If the weather cooperates I'll run out to the storage yard, crawl into the front storage, and look for the outlet. Thanks!
Probable a cleaner way to do it but this mod is easy and painless with extra advantages. When I look into the storage bay, if the thing is plugged into the extension, the fridge is on. I even used a plastic zip tie to keep the fridge plug connected to the extension cord so it stays where you can get to it. There is also a second plug in slot in the TT outlet if you want to run another extension over to the opposite side of the storage area so you can plug in drill charger. compressor, or other tool stuff.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote