Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #1

Suspension - MORryde

Howdy, looking at adding a CRE3000 or SRE4000 with a Wet Bolt Kit to my 28BHBE.

Anyone been there and done that lately? Saw some older post, looking for advantage of one or the other. Have contacted manufacturer for product info, figured who knows it better than this crew!

Thanks in advance
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:25 PM   #2

My ‘13 came with the CRE3000 and I added wet bolts to the suspension and grease them each season.
I can’t speak to the differences between the 3000 and 4000 but have no complaints.
I found installing the wet bolts that getting both sides of an axle off the ground made the process easier, getting all 4 wheels up at the same time would make it easier still.
It makes me feel good to pump some clean grease into moving parts.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origjcc View Post
Howdy, looking at adding a CRE3000 or SRE4000 with a Wet Bolt Kit to my 28BHBE.

Anyone been there and done that lately? Saw some older post, looking for advantage of one or the other. Have contacted manufacturer for product info, figured who knows it better than this crew!

Thanks in advance
Been there and done that.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...000-61273.html

Either one should work good for you. The SRE4000 includes the x factor crossmember.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #4

Brother inlaw and I have both done the wet bolt kits So our trailers came with the 3000 series but no wet bolts. We installed the wet bolt kits last winter on our trailer. bil just did his couple weeks ago. Called morryde then bought it online thru a retailer. You should get a pair of tall and appropriate jack stands. I used 6 ton jack stands. Why 6 ton? Their taller than the 4 ton. My trailer gross vehicle is 12500lbs. It was unloaded so trailer was about 10,000lbs. So about 5000lbs each side so over kill on the weight rating on the axle stands but tall enough to be stable.
We each did one side at a time. Jack up front of frame and rear of frame. Use the jack stands to support trailer frame front and back. Be safe. You are in harms way under the trailer. Jack stands are under the frame then once wheels are hanging. Give the trailer a push and make sure it is stable. Remove tire and rims. Use a jack under one axle at a time and lift the axle weight off the suspension. Now remove the suspension nuts. Drive the bolts out using a punch. They are knurled in the brackets so a mini sledge helps. One you have the bolts removed lower the axle jack enough to access the ends of the springs Then you can use a screwdriver or small punch to drive out what remains of the nylon bushings. Repeat. Before putting the new wet bolts in we prelubed them. Pumped grease into the bolts. Make sure hole in the bolt is oriented to the side not top or bottom when you install them. We coated both inside and outside of the bronze bushing with grease to ease install. Again note the orientation of the lube hole. Supposed to be on the side. Not top or bottom. Use block of hardwood to drive bushing into spring end or a big clamp with wood to protect bushing as you push it in. You don't want to marr the end up. Use the jack to raise the axle and spring end into the hanger. Put bolts in. I put the grease fittings all facing inside. Easier to get the grease gun on them. Use a smaller impact socket to protect the grease fitting as you drive the bolt knurl into the hanger bracket. The bolt cannot turn. Make sure the bolt is turned so the grease hole is out the side. Assemble but don't tighten. Repeat for the other axle. Torque to the spec in the instructions. Think it was 45ft/lbs.
We used blue lock tite on the bolt threads.. I took red nail polish and put a line in each nut to bolt to hanger. Quick look I know if a nut has come loose. Put rim and tires back on. Now is a good time to pump a couple pumps of grease in with no load on suspension. Now you can lift frame off jack stands and lower back on tires and rims. I tested another couple of pumps with load on the pins to ensure they took grease when weight was on them. Now repeat same process on the other side. When completed torque the wheel lug nuts to spec with torque wrench. Don't forget to check the lug nuts in 100 miles or so.

While you had the wheel off the ground it is a good time to give it a spin and see if you hear the brake shoe dragging slightly. If not you can adjust up the brake a little. Or you can do the bearing and brake service if it is due. My trailer was new and self adjusting brakes. Heard slight drag so it was good to go!

Hope this helps!
I will repeat one thing.
Be safe! If you don't have the axle stands go buy them or borrow a good heavy 6 or 8 or 10 ton tall set as required. Princess auto, harbor freight, TSC all carry them. Their cheap. Make sure you are on a hard surface. I did mine in my shed on the concrete floor. Not patio stones or soft loose dirt. Please Don't use cinder blocks. Trailers are heavy. Treat them with respect.
Want to see everyone on the road enjoying their adventure not reading obituary because the trailer fell on them.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:37 AM   #5

Roadrunner has a great reply. I installed the 3000 model this past summer on my Pilgrim 5th wheel for two reasons. I was always nose high and I figured the old ones needed checked/replaced. The trailer sits about an inch higher now at the suspension, which brought the back up making me almost Level now. I left my truck attached and backed the trailer on to 2xs becasuse I knew the morryde may raise the trailer. Used jacks and jack stand, one side at a time. An impact to take things apart and to snug things down was a time saver. I believe everything needs to torqued to 40 ft lbs. Took about an hour per side. The Jayco were getting in a couple weeks has the 3000 on it already. I think I get a little more chucking since this upgrade because I now put more weight on the pin.
2008 Pilgrim 328 BHSS(sold)
1995 Jayco 264 BH(sold)
2012 Ram CC Cummins 4x4 SRW w/4.10 gears using Andersen Ultimate hitch
Rmgrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #6

Thank y’all for all the info and Roadrunner that’s some details! Much appreciated.
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:08 AM   #7

Your welcome!

RoadrunnerII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origjcc View Post
Thank y’all for all the info and Roadrunner that’s some details! Much appreciated.

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 09-27-2018, 01:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Your welcome!

RoadrunnerII

Where did you purchase your wet bolt kit?
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:22 AM   #9

I bought ours and the brother in laws from the same vendor on ebay. At the time they where about 65ish usd. Did a bunch of searching for lowest price with free shipping.

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 09-27-2018, 06:27 AM   #10

I installed the CRE 3000 with wet bolts on my 28BHBE earlier this season. I was surprised to see how badly deteriorated the nylon bushings were in a relatively short amount of time. Install was pretty straight forward if you are mechanically inclined. I have noticed things seem to not move around nearly as much inside the trailer during travel, and there seems to be less harshness on rough roads.

Roadrunners detailed description is perfect so no need to repeat!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I installed the CRE 3000 with wet bolts on my 28BHBE earlier this season. I was surprised to see how badly deteriorated the nylon bushings were in a relatively short amount of time. Install was pretty straight forward if you are mechanically inclined. I have noticed things seem to not move around nearly as much inside the trailer during travel, and there seems to be less harshness on rough roads.

Roadrunners detailed description is perfect so no need to repeat!
Did your Trailer use the 33" or 35" version?
Popo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:59 PM   #12

I just today added morryde wetbolt/shackles and finally my Monroe shocks I've put off for maybe 3 years. My 321RLTS came with the CRE3000 (35 in ) . The bronze bushings in the CRE mic' d so close to the new ones didn't change, Jayco had greased the bolts so grease works �� . The springs had what appeared to be the " never fail " bushings and actually looked good but they are now GONE.
Two workers would have made this a piece of cake.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #13

We are heading the the RV show this friday in Novi, Mi. I'll definitely be poking around there for a wet bolt kit at a good Ebay price for mine. It has the 3000 system on it but no wet bolts.

Roadrunner, nice write up! X1 trillion on safety too!!!!! I've had 4 people I know die already this year and 1 was a tractor accident. I dont need to hear anymore accident death stories.
If you're going to jack your trailer for any reason, PLEASE BE SAFE!!!
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
We are heading the the RV show this friday in Novi, Mi. I'll definitely be poking around there for a wet bolt kit at a good Ebay price for mine. It has the 3000 system on it but no wet bolts.

Roadrunner, nice write up! X1 trillion on safety too!!!!! I've had 4 people I know die already this year and 1 was a tractor accident. I dont need to hear anymore accident death stories.
If you're going to jack your trailer for any reason, PLEASE BE SAFE!!!
I got my morryde kit on Amazon , $83.64
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #15

Thanks for the price check!
I'll see what they have them for at the show and post back on Saturday morning.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #16

Found them at the show last nite for $111 for a tandem axle. Just bought a triple axle set off Ebay for $95 shipped and will be here in 2 days. I'm going to use the extra set for my utility trailer. There is no way I'm installing them on the 5th wheel when I get them. Way too cold out. I'll do that in the spring. The utility trailer I'll pull in the heated garage and do it there. I'll post back on the install for everyone.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #17

I get the wet bolt kit can't beat grease for lube but is the cre3000 really worth it? does it really make that big of a difference? I'm having a hard time believing that little bit of rubber will be noticeable.
diver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:49 AM   #18

For the guys who did the wet bolt upgrade did you the torque rating? Did you just get them as tight as you could?
Old 04-27-2019, 06:30 AM   #19

I torqued them to the spec 45ft/lb I think. I also used wife's old nail polish in strips across the nut to know if it moved. Bolt is knurled so it can't move but if the nut came off......

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 04-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
I torqued them to the spec 45ft/lb I think. I also used wife's old nail polish in strips across the nut to know if it moved. Bolt is knurled so it can't move but if the nut came off......

RoadrunnerII

Thanks Roadrunner. Great idea on the nail polish!!! The kit doesn’t come with any specs or instructions I’m guessing to keep do it yourselfers from tackling it and getting hurt!!