Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2021, 02:13 PM   #21

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexmd tridenttech View Post
We bought a 2021 24rbs yesterday at Tampa RV show. Don’t take delivery till mid feb. Everything you have done is killer! This forum is a blessing to those new to Jayco and its products.
I love this floorplan now that the kids are gone. Should be time to pick that baby up?
2004 Jayco Eagle 298BHS - Gone
2000 Jayco Kiwi 23b - Gone
Bike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:20 PM   #22

Haven't worried about this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan View Post
Hello, I'm sure this is not unique to our trailer, but I'm concerned about gaps between the shower insert and the walls. I don't see caulk working for these, but eternabond tape seems extreme. Yet these gaps are super concerning to me. Yes we shower in here and have a good fan installed now. But I'm not sure what lies behind the shower insert--is it bare wood? Is it wallpapered like the rest of the bathroom?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!! I'm also going to post in the other 24RBS thread in case there are any insights over there.
Looks to me as Vinyl wrapped all the way down. Pull the access panel near the floor of the tub and look back there with a flash light. Maybe it can be seen from down there?

I think a well applied bead of white silicone would be a good prevention.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:47 AM   #23

Season 2 Mods - Let's get busy!

I've been doing a lot to this rig since middle of winter. Lets see if I can remember everything!

Insulating the front pass through storage was a priority! I went ahead and separated the front and inside storage bay while insulating everything. I used Owens Corning 1 inch where possible and reflectix everywhere else.

Next on the list was to find a way to mount a Honda EU3000 Generator on the back bumper. At 130lbs it's a struggle to get it in the back of the truck.
Safetystruts.com provides the weight mitigation for the rear bumper and I purchased Mount-n-locks support arms to mount an ebay generator box to.
You can find this box by searching "35"x23"x23" generator box" on ebay. This trailer has a LOT of tongue weight so offsetting 175lbs to the rear bumper won't have a negative affect on towing. I was able to move the spare over and still have access to the outside shower, ladder etc.

I routed the exhaust out of the box with another ebay find, a silicone hose with an adapter to the eu3000 muffler. I mounted a 1750cfm radiator fan inside the box to assist with heat dissipation. It operates with the lid closed and has a magnetic switch to turn off the fan with the lid open and a bypass toggle to turn it on if desired with the lid open.

Next up: Clean up the master light wiring that I previously installed. Found some cable track on Amazon that worked well to hide the 12v wires. Also added a 12v USB charge port under the cabinet so now there is USB charging on both sides of the bed.

Rustic Eagle got me looking to see if there were any heater changes on the 2020 24RBS (Thanks Bob!). Looked like it was vented identical to his original layout.
I removed the wood cover that only had one side vented. I removed the solid panel on the right side and replaced it with a mesh piece I picked up from Ace. Cut it to size, painted it black, screwed it in place. I found that there is an upholstered piece at the very bottom of the sofa kick plate that I plan on removing and replacing with a vent section to add air flow. This easily puts me past the required 65 sq inches of ventilation.

Finally finished my battery lid lock. Not perfect but it's only a deterrent.

That's all I have pics of for now more to follow!
Old 05-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #24

Nice generator box. What are the details on the silicone hose for the exhaust?
2015 RAM 3500 CTD
steveb285rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #25

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13276443785...IAAOSw2KRbiUpZ

Ebay link for you. He has multiple lengths listed.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:56 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Bike_Pilot,

Good move adding additional cold air return venting for the furnace , that furnace was starving for return air flow.

I also added a small access hole through the top wood panel making it a whole lot easier getting to the furnace 'reset' switch.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:25 PM   #27

I would like to see pictures of the grille that you add to the front panel of the sofa. Although our furnace has worked flawlessly, even just last week, I am sure it needs more air flow and a access to the reset switch. I keep having bad dreams of trying to reset the furnace and not being able to get to the switch! Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
snip......I am sure it needs more air flow and a access to the reset switch.....snip
You're correct on the compromised cold air return....., and with the jackknife sofa 'positioned' for sleeping 100% of the cold air return is blocked.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike_pilot View Post
Insulating the front pass through storage was a priority! I went ahead and separated the front and inside storage bay while insulating everything. I used Owens Corning 1 inch where possible and reflectix everywhere else.

Can you provide more details on how you applied the reflectix?

I think I see that you taped the edges of the reflectix. Did you then tack it to that beam? How did you get it to be so form fitted? Also, what is that Nashua adhesive tape that you used?
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:07 PM   #30

My first mod - under sink storage

Hi all, the thread is a little old but for one more mod I thought I would put it here. Saw the available space above the drawers next to the kitchen sink and made a cubby there. Used the piece of paneling Jayco put in front of the water pump at an angle, remade that into a right angled panel as well. Anyway, I think the pictures tell the rest of the story - first popped out the panel, made a shelf to fit the space, and lined it with the panels from the paneling. It took quite a while to work it out, kind of a 3D puzzle.
Attached Thumbnails
cubby wo panel.jpg   cubby2.jpg   cubby1.jpg  
Jaykol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykol View Post
It took quite a while to work it out, kind of a 3D puzzle.
Thought about doing this by myself many times in the same location as well as others just have to find the time and materials.
Looks like you did a great job.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:51 PM   #32

Thanks, this one was trickier than most. I do plan to add a cubby above the side door of the cabinets by the exterior door, and a shoe shelf under the bed when I beef up the platform.

I am pretty close to matching the stain with a blend of regular old brown stain, a bit of ebony, and a little blue/green. If I can match it then I can use regular 1/8" plywood.
Jaykol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24rbs mods, jayco, jayflight, trailer, travel trailer