Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #1

Tri-Metric 2025-RV install

I know several have posted their installs. Mine is by far not the most finished install, however I wanted to get out to everyone just how simple this install really is and can be such a great benefit. Your total cost for this project including the monitor, 500 amp shunt, 1 amp in-line fuse & wiring should be in the neighborhood of $210.00.

Rustic Eagle has some great pics of a very clean install with an exterior box to house his shunt. I've seen many installations where folks actually mounted their shunt in the battery boxes. In the end I had seen quite a few pictures with complete solar system set ups that included the shunt, inverter and/or charger as well as the solar panel charge controller. These components were all located in proximity to each other as close to the battery bank as possible. This is the install configuration I decided I would like to perform.

My meter is only step one. I hope to install my new inverter/charger within the next few weeks and so my current shunt install is temporarily in place where I plan to mount the other components after I've reinforced the wall with additional support.

If you've been hesitating on installing one of these meters DON'T. They are quite easy to do and really puts you at piece of mind with knowing exactly where your battery charge status is at.

Have fun & camp more!

See album link below with pictures and step by step explanations (forgive the order of the pictures, I can't figure out how to arrange the photos.)

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=488

2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS
2016 GMC Duramax Sierra 3500 HD Denali
4 Crown CR-235 6-volt batteries - 470 AH bank
3000 watt Magnum Energy MSH-3012 Tri Metric 2025
Cummins generator
Winegard Traveler DirecTV slimline HD SK-3005
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Big Sky,

Nice Tri-Metric installation....., and keep us up-dated as you proceed with the installation of your inverter/charger because I'm sure others will be interested on the wiring requirements of this product.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote