Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #21

I am told that the “wallpaper” is available from the dealer. Looking at the side hatch project, I was considering adding a hatch to our 24RBS to access the space under the dinette from the outside. (Which I decided not to do). What I found out when researching was that there are several “standard size” hatch doors (with the frame) that are way cheaper than $300. You may have to change the size you planned for for a a little, maybe not. Check EBay and RV surplus stores. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #22
TWX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
I am told that the “wallpaper” is available from the dealer. Looking at the side hatch project, I was considering adding a hatch to our 24RBS to access the space under the dinette from the outside. (Which I decided not to do). What I found out when researching was that there are several “standard size” hatch doors (with the frame) that are way cheaper than $300. You may have to change the size you planned for for a a little, maybe not. Check EBay and RV surplus stores. Jay

I will give it a look before I order new, but I suspect that with the 40" wide existing rough opening it will be quite difficult to find a standard hatch.

Will look into local Jayco dealers. See if I can get something on-order while the interior wall texture is still available.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #23

A quick look at eBay I found 40x20 and. 43 x14.75. Somewhere on this forum, there was an RV surplus place that might have more sizes. I. Can’t find it. Jay.
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #24

Trip shake down

With all the other flaws ..... A 6000 mile trip merits Packing the wheelbearings !!!
SAMM Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #25
TWX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM Kinder View Post
With all the other flaws ..... A 6000 mile trip merits Packing the wheelbearings !!!

It's on the list. This unit has a Lippert axle with easy-grease hubs.

I'm even considering one of those aftermarket shock absorber kits, both Lippert and Monroe make such kits. Dampening suspension oscillation sounds like a reasonable goal.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #26

My TT has 2 LPs in back, 27battery in front, I was thinking about the Carlson tongue tray- it attaches to tongue framing & sits up over the area- as semi-permanent Gen mount, but ultimately chose not to bc of added tongue wt.

The ready to go tray is about $200.

You've done good job finding & fixing flaws, shame you have to do so. The newer models just not built same anymore, seems to be getting worse...

My '04 164 sport, has never had any real issues, at least from factory. Yes, I did find a little sawdust here and there needed cleaning up, and yes, very lightweight material used- but I can't complain bc I wanted very lightweight TT, but all these years, it has held together, And I've pretty much taken it everywhere.
(Admittedly, I've caused a few mishaps myself) ��

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

2004 Jayco Jayfeather Sport 165
2004 Lexus GX470
Sport165 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
174bh, baja, jayflight, repairs, shoddy