Originally Posted by RedHorse1
Nice work, etex. How complex was the install?
The install was very straightforward. To access the driver's side leg, I just had to remove the propane bottles. To access the passenger side leg, I had to remove the left wall from the front storage compartment. That wall had been removed by the dealer before when they replaced the leg on the original jack.
The kit comes will all the wires soldered to the switches. All you have to do is route the wires and hook them up. They are all color coded. The kit also comes with two inline fuses, one for each jack. I chose not to use those. I bought some standard automotive 30 amp breakers and installed those in the battery compartment. I drilled two half inch holes in the wall of the battery compartment and put grommets on those to run each pair of wires through.
Six of the eight wires were not long enough for may camper, so I had to lengthen them. No big deal.
The stops on the Ultra-fab jacks fit my existing brackets perfectly. I had already measured those before ordering, so I knew they would. That was what forced me to choose the Ultra-Fab jacks over the similar Bulldog jacks.
Fully retracted, the bottom of the leg is about 4 inches up in the hole in the opening in my camper, so my jacks will be extended 4-6 inches at all times. The jacks have 21 inches of stroke, so this shouldn't be an issue. The only way to remedy this would be to cut off my brackets and weld on the provided brackets in a lower position. I have zero interest in doing this.
I installed my two switches on the front wall of the camper, under the overhang. I put a piece of sheet metal between the switches and the camper wall, just to give the fiberglass wall a little more rigidity. I didn't use the switch housings provided by Ultra-Fab. I just drilled two half inch holes and mounted the switches directly to the wall. The switches have rubber protective boots over the toggles.
I see that your fifth wheel is the exact same model as mine, a 2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS. An install on your camper would be almost identical to mine, unless you have an onboard generator.