Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

Unwanted wires 154BH entertinment unit mod

I hate seeing wires. Went to Home depot, picked up three computer desk wire grommets, cut the proper sized holes, 1 below the receptical (as shown) 1 behind the tv (same countertop), and one under the countertop in the panel that separates the radio and the open shelf to pass wires from tv and blueray player. Now all my wires go straight through the grommets to their intended hookup locations and the extra wire is hidden in the enclosed area that holds the stereo unit. Very slick. And to ensure no crimped cable lines i installed 90 degree elbows where the cable goes into the back of the tv and at the wall socket. Attached the grommets to the counter with a small bead of clear silicone.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
smacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #2

Great minds think alike....[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Nice work....
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #3

Thanks, your mod is very similar. I still need to figure out how to run a cable line out and under the trailer so that it's neat, not exposed to road debris and sealed. Looked under the trailer and wan not impressed that it's a tarp-like material keeping the road spray and critters out. The underside should be something more durable than that in my opinion. I may try and figure out a way to redo the underbelly this summer.
smacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote