Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2022, 05:03 PM   #1

Washer and dryer in a 31UL?

I have quite an extensive list of must-haves in a class A motorhome. As I've poured over specs and floor plans for countless hours, I have come to the conclusion that for my needs, the Jayco 31UL fits the bill better than anything else on the market.

The only thing that I would like to add would be a washer and dryer. Has anyone had the experience of plumbing one in to the cabinet space in the bedroom? Is that a feasible option?

Thank you in advance,
Randy
Katiem505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiem505 View Post
I have quite an extensive list of must-haves in a class A motorhome. As I've poured over specs and floor plans for countless hours, I have come to the conclusion that for my needs, the Jayco 31UL fits the bill better than anything else on the market.

The only thing that I would like to add would be a washer and dryer. Has anyone had the experience of plumbing one in to the cabinet space in the bedroom? Is that a feasible option?

Thank you in advance,
Randy
It seems that this thread is just sitting here with no replies.

This perhaps won't be helpful. We love our 31UL, and see no need to install a W/D. If we did, we would have bought a larger model with the capacity to have a laundry. To me, you really need full hookups to operate them. Any campground we've gone to so far has a laundry. If we had to, we'd drive to an offsite laundromat.

Are you looking for the sheer convenience of having an onboard W/D to avoid using shared laundry facilities?
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 05:31 PM   #3

Thank you for your response. I am willing to give up a little bit of closet space for the convenience of having an onboard washer and dryer. I would just assume avoid laundromats as much as possible.
Katiem505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:38 AM   #4

As Finally Able mentioned, I was very glad our dealer talked us out of W/D even though our Pinnacle is wired for them. My wife will gladly take the extra room we have from not having them. She says we are clothing self-sufficient for a good while before needing laundry facilities. For me, it was all about the weight saving. We have made it a point to check out the facilities at the different campgrounds and have found them to be just fine if we had the need. A couple of them, Carolina Pines and Hilton Head National RV resort come to mind, you almost need a PHD in electronics to operate them, they are so advanced, as in sending you an email when it's done.
Old 12-18-2022, 05:56 AM   #5

We also have a 31UL, and while there probably is room enough for a W/D, and the closet next to the shower would be a logical location, we don't use the coach enough to warrant having one. Plus, I have enough maintenance to do without the added hassle!
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 12:10 PM   #6

There are portable clothes and also dishwashers that hook up to the sink. I doubt they work well.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote