Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #1

Yamaha EF2000is Generator Kit

Well, National Supply won my business with their excellent generator prices and included accessories.

I bought (2) Yamaha EF2000IS V2 2000watt inverter generators with the Sidewinder Parallel power cable.

The kit included (2) fuel mix RX bottles and (2) bottles of generator oil.

I am very happy with my choice and the price I got them for.

I bought them for their 51dB sound level, gas gauge, fuel shut off, clean power for computers and sensitive equipment, and the 44 pound weight of each.

I can run everything but the A\C with one, and in the summer months, whip out the second unit and run the A\C and a lot more.

I did shop around and they had the best price I could find to the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha EF2000is.png  
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #2

Bought one a few years ago in the box for $1100.00 canadian. Like the fuel shut off compared to the honda, don't like the fuel sitting around and Gummi g up the carb. There light weight and manageable with me getting older by the day.
Heavyritefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

Did basically the same thing only went w/ 2 Honda 2000's and the parallel kit. Agree its basically which you can get the best deal with. Brought one of them on our current trip and used for 4 days at SP where we ended up in overflow. A couple gal of gas and all systems [except AC] were good.

Currently at Quintana county park on the gulf with full hookups. Just extended for another couple days. Then heading either toward Corpus C or San Anton.

Wish I could help with Indiana trip, but moved south 11 yrs ago so rusty. Did purchase my White Hawk on line from the dealer in Middlebury. Think they would let you set up there on the lot for a night after pickup. Had good fortune to meet the owner, Mark Richardson, who was in from main location in Cal. They are the largest jayco dealer in Cal. He paid for a nite in a hotel while some on the spot repair was done to my TT that was discovered during the shakedown.

Weather in Ind in March is a crap shoot, especially that far north. Good luck and enjoy. Any ideas for SP's in San Anton area?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Did basically the same thing only went w/ 2 Honda 2000's and the parallel kit. Agree its basically which you can get the best deal with. Brought one of them on our current trip and used for 4 days at SP where we ended up in overflow. A couple gal of gas and all systems [except AC] were good.

Weather in Ind in March is a crap shoot, especially that far north. Good luck and enjoy. Any ideas for SP's in San Anton area?
I always enjoy spending time on the Guadalupe.

That is where I would stay. Its still a little cool to be swimming but its pretty there on the water.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
I always enjoy spending time on the Guadalupe.

That is where I would stay. Its still a little cool to be swimming but its pretty there on the water.
Will give it a look. Checking out Blanco SP in same area.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote