Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #1

2021 Eagle 357MDOK

Here is our new baby. 2021 Jayco Eagle 357MDOK. Just brought it home last Friday. The whole truck and trailer setup has been a couple years in the making. Feels good to have it all come together. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get this rig into action. Dealer was an hour and a half from home so I got a decent feel for towing with this truck and this monster RV. LOL Truck handled it beautifully....not that I doubted it would. My kids are 6 and 8 and can't wait to get camping this year. We are coming from an '02 F-250 7.3 and a '08 Jayco Eagle Superlite 30.5BHS, so this new setup is quite a jump. Upgraded the truck in September of '19 and sold the '08 Jayco June of '20 and took last summer off of camping. We missed it to say the least. We already have 4 trips in the books for this year and looking to add more. Happy camping everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2477.jpg  
skidoomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #2

Congrats!! Post some pics of the inside and the outdoor kitchen area if/when you can. Have fun!
Old 02-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #3

Congrats! That a big 5er!
Old 02-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #4

That’s a big baby.

Very nice. Have fun.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #5

Nice! Congrats!!
Your trailer is just a smidge shorter than my Northpoint 375, but looks WAY bigger in that pic. Lol!
Who was your selling dealer?
Old 02-04-2021, 03:23 AM   #6

Welcome from WA and congrats. I can feel you on that one, I had wanted to get into camping for about 15 years + and I finally bought one and man I am so glad.

Nice setup, and man that is one long beast but you have the right setup to tow it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:19 AM   #7

Thanks for the congrats all. Yes, she is a big girl...there will definately be a learning curve hauling and parking this rig. Once the weather starts to break around here I plan on taking her out and practicing parking with it in some large open parking lots. LOL

Lake Huron, we purchased from Tradewinds in Clio. They were the closest dealer that had this unit in stock with the options we liked. We originally planned on ordering this unit (from a different dealer) but due to the RV supplier shortages and substitutions that some manufacturers are having to do, we decided to buy a unit that we could put our hands on. Can't say I'm happy with our purchase experience though.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 PM   #8

Well sir you be safe out there, out fiver is in the shop being repair under warranty, my front cap had faded and a few more items had to be repaired. and now they are going to keep it longer because they found that the back of the fiver was delaminated.

So yeah I hope that they will be finished by camping season so we can get out there.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoomatt View Post
snip...

Lake Huron, we purchased from Tradewinds in Clio. They were the closest dealer that had this unit in stock with the options we liked. We originally planned on ordering this unit (from a different dealer) but due to the RV supplier shortages and substitutions that some manufacturers are having to do, we decided to buy a unit that we could put our hands on. Can't say I'm happy with our purchase experience though.
Long story short, our previous 5er was a brand new 40' Sierra turd. We drove 5 hrs down to Ohio to get it, same reason, only one close that had the floor plan we wanted in stock. Purchase experience was kinda bad, DW wasn't real happy and left the purchase decision to me. I dealt with Tradewinds many times on parts and service on it.
On one of our week long trips with it, a bunch of things broke and DW said enough was enough and we started looking. One of our stops we saw a 15 Eagle 375. 2016 that trailer got turned into a Northpoint 375. We got back home and I started my search for one. I called pretty much EVERY dealer from Saginaw to the south state border and from lake to lake. Any dealer that had one was gonna give you a deal on the back end or on the front end. Tradewinds didn't have one, couldn't get one but referred me to Gilettes RV in East Lansing. Got a great deal on both ends on a new 2017 Northpoint 375 they had on the lot for 3 days. We couldn't get over there fast enough to dump that Sierra we had. The drive to Tradewinds is 1:10. Drive to Gilettes is 1:20. If you have issues with Tradewinds, give Gilettes a try.
Good God, whatever you do, stay away from General RV! Heard WAY too many complaints about them!
Hopefully you dont have any issues and enjoy that sweet looking trailer!
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:11 AM   #10

Congrats and enjoy your 2021 Jayco Eagle 357MDOK!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Long story short, our previous 5er was a brand new 40' Sierra turd. We drove 5 hrs down to Ohio to get it, same reason, only one close that had the floor plan we wanted in stock. Purchase experience was kinda bad, DW wasn't real happy and left the purchase decision to me. I dealt with Tradewinds many times on parts and service on it.
On one of our week long trips with it, a bunch of things broke and DW said enough was enough and we started looking. One of our stops we saw a 15 Eagle 375. 2016 that trailer got turned into a Northpoint 375. We got back home and I started my search for one. I called pretty much EVERY dealer from Saginaw to the south state border and from lake to lake. Any dealer that had one was gonna give you a deal on the back end or on the front end. Tradewinds didn't have one, couldn't get one but referred me to Gilettes RV in East Lansing. Got a great deal on both ends on a new 2017 Northpoint 375 they had on the lot for 3 days. We couldn't get over there fast enough to dump that Sierra we had. The drive to Tradewinds is 1:10. Drive to Gilettes is 1:20. If you have issues with Tradewinds, give Gilettes a try.
Good God, whatever you do, stay away from General RV! Heard WAY too many complaints about them!
Hopefully you dont have any issues and enjoy that sweet looking trailer!
Thanks for the dealer tip...and oh yes we already knew to stay away from General RV. We stopped in there to look at a different Jayco model before we decided on this one and even though we told the sales guy we were just wanting to walk thru the model he was pushing pretty hard to get us to buy that day. And his prices were insane....pretty much started at full MSRP.

I have my fingers crossed we don't encounter any major issues. This is our first brand new unit and I know to expect some issues, so I am planned to fix as much myself as necessary aside from a major issue.