Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #21

10,000 miles. No issues.
RustyFairmount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
To ANY Eco-boost owners, do you experience any maintennance issues with the turbo?
Bought mine in Sep 2011. Right now around 9800 miles and have towed around 400 miles with my 29QBH. I absolutely love this truck. Had one issue of a misfire which has been reported in several F150 forums. Happened when I stomped on it at 60 mph. but the truck is an incredible tower. Without towing and driving the speed limit on I5 from Seattle to Portland and back I averaged 22.4 mpg. I will gladly recommend this truck to anyone. 11200lb towing capacity with a 3.5l!!!! Who would have thunk it.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
Nope, I don't like it at all. I LOVE IT! Makes me smile every time we hook up the 23B. I can't wait till spring and the first trip rolls around!

If you're looking for superduper gas mileage, don't buy one. Buy it for the power, acceleration and towing ability. I get 10mpg towing, 15 city and 13 highway. Other folks are squeezing 17 city and 22+ highway but I have no idea how.
UPDATE: I took the truck in for a driveability issue that I was experiencing and the dealer installed a new version of firmware in the PCM. The driveability issue has been reduced by about 75% and my fuel economy jumped by 2 mpg across the board with a huge increase in highway mpg's.

I currently stand at 17ish city and 21ish highway. Towing? we'll see when I drag out the 23B over Memorial Day weekend.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #24

Whats kind driveability issue?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKong View Post
Whats kind driveability issue?
I use the cruise control a LOT. So when I drive a stretch of road @ 45mph going up a moderate grade, the wastegate or blowoff valve on the turbos would open and close rapidly causing a puh-chew sound to emanate from under the hood and noticeable bucking or surging of the vehicle. It was like the PCM called for more power but when it came it was too much so the PCM dumped boost to reduce power and the cycle repeated...rapidly.

Since the firmware upgrade, the issue occurs only 2 or 3 times on the same stretch of road versus 8-10 times before. It has definitely improved but not gone away completely. At this point, I notified the dealer that Ford needs to continue working on this issue but the jump in mpg makes it easier to live with in the meantime.