Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Flag etiquette is very important in my opinion. I will not fly the flag at night without lighting and will not fly it in bad weather. I am not a flag etiquette expert but try to abide by the rule as best as I can.

Since the flag is subdued and not the national colors I think the blue line is fine. With that said I wear a subdued flag with blue line on my tac vest carrier.
I had the same concern but after conferring with some "Experts" this was why I was comfortable flying mine. She Flys directly beneath my traditional flag.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:13 AM   #22

Wow 3 pages so quick.

Truth be told as a teenager I didn't feel the same. Of course back then times were different...I'm 42 now. I did not hate cops back then, but they annoyed the crap out of me. I used to drive a low rider with chrome rims and big stereo and I would get pulled over and searched almost every day. It got to the point where I already knew the cops by name. I would even ask..."what do you expect to find that you didn't find the last 5 times you stopped and searched me".

They were clearly board and harassing me. I have never been arrested and aside from a couple speeding tickets and tickets for loud stereo system and dark window tints I have never been in trouble. I haven't even had a ticket in 15 years.

Today times are different. I have cops in my family, 3 of my very close friends are cops and I know another 4-5 cops on top of that. What is going on in this country now is outrageous and we all know where it started.

BTW...here is my actual car that the police loved to stop and search. Not so bad right? I wish I still had it. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
CCI02042016.jpg  
ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #23

Many people are choosing to change their porch lights to blue LEDs to show support.
Perhaps a simpler solution and no modifications needed for Old Glory.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #24
Site Team

I am more used to the Blue stripe that is so common. I may get one.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #25

Cool Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
Wow 3 pages so quick.

Truth be told as a teenager I didn't feel the same. Of course back then times were different...I'm 42 now. I did not hate cops back then, but they annoyed the crap out of me. I used to drive a low rider with chrome rims and big stereo and I would get pulled over and searched almost every day. It got to the point where I already knew the cops by name. I would even ask..."what do you expect to find that you didn't find the last 5 times you stopped and searched me".

They were clearly board and harassing me. I have never been arrested and aside from a couple speeding tickets and tickets for loud stereo system and dark window tints I have never been in trouble. I haven't even had a ticket in 15 years.

Today times are different. I have cops in my family, 3 of my very close friends are cops and I know another 4-5 cops on top of that. What is going on in this country now is outrageous and we all know where it started.

BTW...here is my actual car that the police loved to stop and search. Not so bad right? I wish I still had it. LOL
No problem that car just fits the profile of 90% of the drug dealers I dealt with, so I don't have a clue why you were harassed
Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Wow 3 pages so quick.

Sounds like you and I were in very similar situations. I was a straight A student, played sports, etc., and I was harassed on a very regular basis, I believe because of my car (and tinted windows and stereo system). I'm 42 now, and wish I didn't sell my car. lol Mine is centered, one of the least cool in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Fairmont.jpg  

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doboy Dawg View Post
No problem that car just fits the profile of 90% of the drug dealers I dealt with, so I don't have a clue why you were harassed
Not the "drug dealer" car in my town back then. It was just the style in my high school in the late 80's and early 90's. Large older cars lowered, mostly G-body cars like Regals, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Monte Carlo, etc.

The real drug dealers drove newer cars, BMW's and Mercedes and they usually had much more expensive rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Sounds like you and I were in very similar situations. I was a straight A student, played sports, etc., and I was harassed on a very regular basis, I believe because of my car (and tinted windows and stereo system). I'm 42 now, and wish I didn't sell my car. lol Mine is centered, one of the least cool in the pic.
What is that a Ford LTD? One of the guys in my school had the same one. Lowered with rims of course. High school was fun.

Then after high school I moved up to one of these. This isn't my exact car but mine was identical. I traded the tickets for dark tints and loud stereo for speeding tickets and chicks.

1989 Trans Am GTA. Man that was a fun car.
Attached Thumbnails
SlickGTA.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #28

Well I guess I derailed the theme of this thread with cars. Sorry...back to campers and honoring our police officers.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #29

Quote:
What is that a Ford LTD? One of the guys in my school had the same one. Lowered with rims of course. High school was fun.

Then after high school I moved up to one of these. This isn't my exact car but mine was identical. I traded the tickets for dark tints and loud stereo for speeding tickets and chicks.

1989 Trans Am GTA. Man that was a fun car.
LOL We are on different sides; you the GM guy and me the Ford. I traded up for a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Special Edition (pic is not mine, but same options).

First car was a different fox body, a Fairmont Futura. The LTD was same chassis, but more boxy.
Attached Thumbnails
Lincoln.jpg  

Old 07-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #30

Sorry, back on topic. I support our police.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
LOL We are on different sides; you the GM guy and me the Ford. I traded up for a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Special Edition (pic is not mine, but same options).

First car was a different fox body, a Fairmont Futura. The LTD was same chassis, but more boxy.

Yup I'm a life long GM guy. In my 26 years of driving I have owned around 14 vehicles and the only vehicles I owned that were not GM was a Dodge Dakota V8 and a Honda Accord which I only bought because I was on the road a lot for a couple years and my big Chevy truck used too much gas.

This is what I roll now. It's my tow vehicle as well. Prior to this I had an Avalanche.
Attached Thumbnails
dent3.JPG   hooks.JPG   Alabama.JPG  
Old 07-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #32

I would have responded sooner, but I've been out of town all week working. Just another thank you for all your support from a LEO for the past 17 years.

Scarabchris - Did you get the flag from Hometown Guardians? Just asking because the owner is a Davie Police Officer I know from High School. (Go Cooper City Cowboys!)
Old 07-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I would have responded sooner, but I've been out of town all week working. Just another thank you for all your support from a LEO for the past 17 years.

Scarabchris - Did you get the flag from Hometown Guardians? Just asking because the owner is a Davie Police Officer I know from High School. (Go Cooper City Cowboys!)

Didn't even know about that company. Davie is right down the road and one of my best friends is a Davie cop.

I got the flag from Relentless Defender Apparel

I went to Miramar....Go Miramar Patriots
Old 07-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P. View Post
Very cool of you! Thanks for the support!!
Much appreciated, more then you know!
God Bless America!
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #35

Canuck Cop

Quick thanks from North of the border. We are a tight community in law enforcement and appreciate anyone willing to make their support known. My Service held a vigil for the Dallas and Baton Rouge Officers a few nights ago, sad to say those are only the high profile loses. The war on cops is claiming to many casualties. Be safe out there!

Has anyone seen a full size Blue Line Canadian Flag? The patches are easy to get but can't find a flag.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:20 AM   #36

Another shot of my blue line flag
Attached Thumbnails
blueline.JPG  
Old 07-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #37

Retired after 25 years LEO service, to some it's a blue line to others a family crest.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #38
Site Team

My youngest son is a +20 yr LEO. It's the family crest to him and his friends.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #39

12 years on

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	25776

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:53 PM   #40

As a volunteer firefighter for nearly 30 years I have come to know and respect many law enforcement personnel, city, county, and state. I very much appreciate them and what they face every day. I applaud the dedicated individuals in all branches of law enforcement and pray for their safety. Way to go, guys and gals.
Jarm2 is offline   Reply With Quote