Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #1

Pics of my 2016 Jayflight 34rsbs

My significant other and I retired in 2014 and have spent two months in Fort Myers Beach, Florida each winter since then. In late 2015, I purchased a new 2016 Jayflight 34rsbs. We love it! Very roomy and comfortable. Ken Tow's it with his truck, a 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty.

We recently bought two late model scooters to take to Florida with us. We are having quite the time figuring out how to get them there. One weighs 287 lbs and the other weighs 300 lbs.

Jayco Customer Service says the receiver hitch that I ordered with the trailer has a weight limit of 400 lbs, so I am thinking we could get a cargo tray, or motorcycle rack and put one on the back of the trailer (total weight would be about 350 lbs). We could put the other one in the bed of the truck. He has a topper, so that might be difficult.

I understand if we added a sturdier hitch, it could possibly void our warranty or damage the trailer frame. Don't want either of those.

We usually take 4 bicycles with us, our daughters like to visit while we are there.
garidgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:40 AM   #2

I would as said put the lighter one on the back of the camper. Don't forget driving down the road that thing is goanna bounce a little. It will put more stress on the receiver of your camper. I have the cargo tray on the back of my eagle. I always try to give myself a 100 pound buffer for the bouncing the tray will do. I see bikes attached to the ladder of the trailer all the time and I cringe. That is not made fro the jarring it takes going down the road. And the bumper bike racks OMG don't get me started. Just weigh everything your going to put on. Sounds like you should be good.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote