Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #1

185RB Wiring/Plumbing Diagrams

All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'll be taking delivery on a new 185RB Baja this summer out in Reno, NV. I live near Louisville, KY but this unit will just be for short-distance, couple-of-week trips w/ family & friends in that area so we'll store it when it's not in use. Yes, buying it is a little crazy but it will get used several weeks a year, and getting a truck for the TV is easy due to the lightweight unit. We've run the numbers and it works well in terms of cost VS convenience for how we want to use it. Since we'll store it very near the dealer, getting one new makes the warranty useful VS buying a used unit, and if we ever change our visits or decide we want it out east in a few years, going to fetch it makes a good vacation of its own!

While I've read the manuals, watched a few dozen youtube videos on various bits related to them, followed the forums here for quite some time, and walked thru the units quite a bit in person at dealers here locally, I would really like to know if anyone has any even fairly close plumbing or wiring diagrams or layouts. I know they'll change at the factory from time to time and that TT in general are always a little random in where things are run, but the engineering nerd in me would like to have some extra docs in hand. Anyone ever put something like that together or seen one the factory let slip?

Thanks,

Sean
seanmcpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Baja trailer.

In this forum, folks have said that Jayco will provide you with wiring, plumbing, and structural diagrams. All you need to do is ask. I plan to do just that in a few weeks when I pick up my trailer.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
Site Team

Browse the MANUALS section on the home page. If you don't see anything of interest, you may want to post them when you have them in hand for other to use.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #4

Thanks, norty1. I looked there and it seemed sparse. That's why I thought I'd post and maybe stir the pot a bit. I've sent a note to Jayco & hadn't heard back. I think I'll try again with them on the phone as that'll prolly prove easier to bounce around to the right folks. I'll definitely share everything I can roust up!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #5

I'll be in Middlebury to pick up my trailer in a few weeks - if the weather cooperates. Requesting the diagrams etc. is part my PDI list. I plan to stir the pot at that time and bring back whatever I can get my hands on.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:48 AM   #6

Welcome! I'm one of those that oldmanAZ references as having received materials (a wiring diagram) from Jayco. They did ask for the VIN, so you may not get too far if you don't have that yet.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #7

I asked for wiring drags from Jayco and the wouldn't supply them since I was still in warranty.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I asked for wiring drags from Jayco and the wouldn't supply them since I was still in warranty.
Agree, I have heard that they won't release them while it is in warranty.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #9

Our dealer has said they'll get them & provide them at delivery. I also talked w/ Jayco & explained why I wanted them - they said as soon as I have a VIN they'll work with me. Was a very quick response from actual people, not some auto responder email, so that was a good start!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #10

Just a note; I got the vin, sent it to Jayco & they sent me the data in 2 days. Shows me the plumbing riser, plus the 12vdc and 120vac wiring. It's not an exploded CAD but does show what devices are attached in what order, and what shares circuits, plus the general wiring path even if it's not completely specific. Definitely satisfied with their response! I haven't even picked up the unit at the dealer yet, and I told Jayco it had just come off the factory line, so they certainly didn't refuse to get it to me being under warranty. They did say in the email they don't recommend any changes, but it was a very reasonable comment and not a general prohibition against even knowing what was where. Now if something leaks, I'll have some idea of what type of fitting and what access may be required for the dealer to attend to it.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #11

Nearly a year in

Just an update. The only issue when I picked it up was the outside receptacle would trip the gfci circuit, so we fixed that at the dealership. I had brought my meter, circuit tester, and the diagrams and schematics so it was a quick fix. The guys at the dealership said they'd never seen someone show up with a plastic crate of trailer stuff and a checklist in all their years, unless it was a trade in. I love being an engineering nerd

Used the trailer a few weeks last year, with no issues. HVAC worked great in Reno in August. Fridge ran cold, although when it's in gas mode if the trailer is buttoned up against dust storms out in the desert, there's plenty of extra heat from that. The good part of that was when the temps plummeted a few nights, the unit was good and warm so while I ran the heater enough to burn off the coils at the campground on day 1, I never needed it after that. Water pump was fine, hot water heater worked (but I promptly bypassed and drained it so it'd be easier when I winterized it), and all the lights and radio and such were good. I don't think I'll use the awning in the windy conditions out there, but it's nice to have if you're just rolling it out to sit under it when it's calm.

The baja package is great. Ground clearance rocked, and the extra scissors prevented any rocking or swaying in the wind. Also good knowing I have extra water capacity. In one week trip, I only used a few gallons of water, and couldn't believe how much I had left when I offloaded to store it. The good thing is it meant I know I flushed the grey tank well with clear water Black tank remains unused beyond just an extra spot to dump hand washing water. I'll stick to portolets or campground toilets whenever possible, so I'll never have tank sludge issues.

The only bad news is that at my storage place (really nice owners, great location) had a breakin a few weeks after I left and the punks wanted to rummage thru units. They busted out the door-side window over the bunk. So it's had a temporary window caulked into place all winter. The mobile RV place which told me they'd picked up the replacement and installed it never did, which I just found out about recently. I get to deal with that in a few weeks when I go out there; I'm hoping it's either an easy fix or I can just 'permanently' seal that window up. Only the glass was busted out, the frame seems okay from the pics I have. Annoying for a brand new unit, and frustrating the Mobile RV fixers blew me off, but I can deal with it. The good news is they also never picked up the check at the storage place, so at least I wasn't out any cash for the work.

All in all, I loved the 185RB; size was perfect, price was good, delivery and dealer were great. If I used it a lot I'd start tweaking things but for a TT I can leave on the other end of the country and use at random or let friends and family borrow, it'll work great.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #12

Quick follow up : anyone have any *good* recommendations for a RV window repair in or near Reno, NV?