Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #1

199MBS vs. 171BH

Greetings all. After about a year of research, we have narrowed down the choice of our first TT to the 199MBS or the 171BH. We'll be boondocking about 75% of the time & are a family of 4 sometimes 5. More than likely we'll never go past Kansas as we like New England down to Alabama.

I know the differences between these models probably better than the engineers who designed them but I have yet to talk to someone who has had real life experience in either model. This is why I joined. What can the group say about either model? Good/bad/ugly. Does anyone know if one model has more issues than the other? Anything from anyone who has had experience in one of both models would be greatly appreciated.
BNSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #2

I am picking up 171bh this weekend. For me it came down to 80" bed length over north south bed position, no slide, insane storage gain with fold up bunk back door and weight. I have a teenager still at home and he may hit the bunks, but will likely be out in a tent with a friend, etc. If I had younger kids, they would very likely use the bunks. We just didnt care about the extra space as kitchen and bathroom are pretty identical. So then it just comes down to extra weight on a single axle and all that. If you like the 199mbs, I am geeking on the Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...ite/2509S/3326

Watch some of the youtube walkthroughs, it is pretty rad.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:42 AM   #3

I now have the 171bh in possession if you end up with specific questions!

Tags
171bh, 199mbs, jayo micro