Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2022, 06:22 AM   #1

1st Post: Help w/ Jay Feather Micro 199mbs

Hey there! 1st time RV owner and we chose the Jay Feather Micro 199mbs aka my "She-Shed". The unit was purchased primarily for boondocking at the ballfields (baseball/softball) and small excursions. So far, my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers: boy and girl) absolutely love the unit! It is easy to setup and all the features make it super easy to function. However, I still have a lot to learn and unfortunately, it didn't come with a manual upon delivery. With that being said, until I receive my manual from the dealership or am by a computer to look up info online, I am flying solo and was hoping I could get answers to a few of my questions...

1. What is the "red" button inside the camper by the door for? I turn it on/off but an't figure out what it does.
2. How do I use the JayPort? Do I just connect the hose and assume propane is running or is there a switch to turn on/off?
3. Does anyone know the height clearance?
4. Do I only use the water pump if I'm using the tank or it needs to be on when I'm hooked up as well?

As always, any other tips and tricks are always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tyffany
TBonilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:43 AM   #2

I can only help answer
2. you will need to turn your propane on at the bottle by twisting it open. There maybe a valve underneath somewhere to. all models are a little different.
4. water pump is only used when dry camping, meaning you don't need it if you are hooked up to city connections. Turn it off when no water is in your tanks or it will burn up
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:54 AM   #3

Welcome from Northern California! I can only help you with #4. No, you won’t need to use your water pump if you are hooked up to city water. I turn my pump off. Also I would suggest you get a water pressure regulator. I connect mine at the water source not at the trailer inlet. Again welcome ,you will find a lot of really nice folks here willing to help.
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:00 AM   #4

Re:#2. On my 166FBS there is a little quarter turn valve right at the port behind the quick disconnect. Also, be sure the quick disconnect is plugged in all the way or the gas will be prevented from flowing.
dougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #5

Thank you all for the replies! I immediately turned off the water pump and will look for the valve. I have also attached a picture of the "red button" lol
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220618_125952511.jpg  
Old 07-06-2022, 11:36 PM   #6

I feel like red button may be tank heaters?…
Old 07-07-2022, 06:20 AM   #7

Yes!! The red button is for the tank heaters!
And in case anyone else needs to know, height clearance is about 13'. So, anything up to 14' should be good.