Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #1

1st trip out

Took our new to us 2017 23RLSW out over Memorial weekend to the ocean. Got call from buddy before pulling out to say water at campground was bad and to fill our trailer. I think I experienced what I've seen discussion on here with the overflow leaking due to siphoning maybe so think I'll be adding valve. Not sure ever got tank full. Made it to camp, got unhooked & leveled then thought I should turn water pump on before exiting to campfire and adult beverages. We kept hearing noise and buddies wife thought it was coming from our trailer so went to investigate and sure enough, when I opened door water came spilling out. Somehow kitchen faucet had been opened and both sinks had stoppers in place with water still overflowing. Took about an hour to wipe out best we could using most our towels and luckily I had brought along mini shop vac that got most from cracks and seams. All appears good, no smells or obvious damage week later. Other than that, trailer was awesome. Looking forward to next trip out but no sink stoppers while traveling.
Grumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:40 AM   #2

Thanks for sharing, we all have our those moments and experiences. Best cure is to out camping more.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:58 PM   #3

Sorry you had to experience that - Sounds like you have already moved past in and are ready to enjoy the rest of the season!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:45 PM   #4
Site Team

Hint... store sink stoppers upside down. Don't ask why this is what we do lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #5

Never woulda thought that would happen. I guees I wont be leaving my stoppers in anymore.Like WVDusty said upside down from now on.
Angeleyes0001a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #6

We replaced all of our stoppers with screens since we have a wash tub for dishes. Didn't do it necessarily for this particular reason, but now that I've read this I'm even more glad that I did.

Good that you caught it quick and got it cleaned up.

Our first time out I went over my checklist ten times and still got distracted and tried to jack the trailer up to hook to the truck with the stabilizers down.....luckily I noticed the sound of our tongue jack change and realized what was going on before destroying the rear stabilizers......it's a learning curve

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote