Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #1

2005 165 floor update

the whole floor is replaced, as shown before. now I've replaced all the butyl tape / putty / caulking, and all new screw covers whichever applies, and I'm waiting for rain for the next few days. I did every vertical corner right up to the roof, and all the horizontal mouldings around the perimeter. nothing went un caulked, or puttied, or both. I'm not so concerned about the longevity of the sealing job, ( I used good stuff ) as I am about just solving the leaks..haha one dry day would be worth it! check out the new problem I found as I worked on the upper mouldings. the awning foot right through the filon....nice....NEXT
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00142.JPG   DSC00144.JPG   DSC00145.JPG   DSC00147.JPG   DSC00148.JPG  

DSC00150.JPG  
rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #2

the pic that looks a little sloppy is the right front corner. when I re-installed that horizontal piece I found that the factory metal moulding was about a half inch too short. I extended the screw cover and had to pack pieces of putty tape around, and then caulk it on top. I think you can see that.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #3

NO LEAKS !!!!!!!!!!!. after sealing everything I'm confident I found all of the original problem, before the floor...it definitely was leaks around all the mouldings. I was a bit over zealous though and caulked some spots too soon before the rain . the caulking did not dry. whether it does or not, i'll see. at worst I can re-do those sections. AT LEAST IT'S DRY....flooring, and interior re install next.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

Awesome job!!!
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:58 PM   #5

it was a good job til I got another leak...very small front right corner after a big rain.and just under the fridge about a foot forward of the wheel well. on the front leak, it's building up inside the outside metal moulding somehow and travelling in on top of the plywood. I think i'll just do the vinyl floor and leave some plywood floor exposed along the edge. at least I could watch it
Old 11-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #6

I'm not to impressed with the thin plastic wheel wells these have and some of the gaps I've seen. How about hitting some of the under side (in that area) with some rubberized undercoating?
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #7

A job very well done!
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote