Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #1

2005 165 wall to floor attachment

this is related to a post I put on earlier. does anyone know if on a jayfeather 165 the sandwich walls are screwed somehow down through the bottom of the wall, and into the floor and frame, or screwed through the side, at the the lower part of the sidewall under the moulding that runs along the outside bottom of the wall. I'm just trying to think in advance if the walls will be loose / unsecured when I pull the bad osb plywood floor out. haven't got the trailer at my place yet. before I buy, I'm overthinking. thanks
rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #2

Boy, that is a very specific question. I believe your best answer will be from Jayco Factory people.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #3

thanks I thought that too a diagram of the method would be nice haha.....I have seen some construction details on you tube, but are non specific models and years
Old 09-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #4

I would pull back some of the insulating cover to where your just under a wall and see if you see anything such as a through bolt, screws etc. The wall just to the left of the entry (light switch wall) would be a pretty easy one to check.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #5

the flooring and all along the kitchen wall and out about 2 feet will pull right out, as it's all gone to mush. haven't got the trailer in my yard yet. a few more days. thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #6

Going along with the other post and my reply. If I do this job as well, I'm just ripping the interior walls, out not trying to save them. Put all brand new back. Major job, scares me a little.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote