Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #1

2007-2009 Jayco Hybrids Tent Ends Hazard?

I have read several posts on other forums in regards to the tent ends how the Jayco models between 200? - 2009 use the velcro and snaps to attach the bunk ends to the trailer. If you are familiar with the newer models, you will notice that Jayco finally got it right by attaching the tent ends permanently to the trailer rather than the traditional velcro and snaps. I have heard of such stories that children falling out because the snaps and velcro become "worn" over time and use. I use the term "worn" because over time the velcro does not stick like it used to when new. My wife and I were always quite skeptical until after reading of such stories of children being able to push on the insides of the tents easily to break away the snaps and velcro.

We were looking at the newer Jayco hybrid trailers and noticed that the newer models have a permanent rail system when makes it impossible to push apart the tent from the trailer while toss-and-turn sleeping or even ''horsing" around on the inside beds.

I emailed my local Jayco dealer and as they send an email to Jayco requesting if such kits are available. Our idea to be able to install these rails on a 2007 17c as an 'aftermarket' option. Anyone else hear about stories like this?

I'm waiting to hear back from Jayco. I can't imagine why Jayco would never recall the hybrid trailer which use the velcro and snaps up to 2009 models because of a fall out hazard?

Is there enough slack in the tent ends to be able to install the rails on the older models? Is it a track system design on the newer models allow the tent ends to actually side on the track without pulling or straining the fabric?

I'll keep everyone posted..

(I know, buying a new trailer would fix everything! :-)

John
wb2nco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #2

Bump up after participating in other posts! :-)
wb2nco is offline   Reply With Quote